StorageStrut

KNOWKNAIMEKNOWKNAIME 51 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Once again, I find myself again going out into the night like some evil stalker to steal a milk crate from some innocent citizen. To me it's almost as exciting as digging. It seems to get harder and harder to find them. In the past I may have waited until daylight to ask buy the crate but, when I did ask they usually give me this look like I asked to screw their daughter and said no or wanted way too much. As of this posting I have 17 crates, 11 of which are in use right now. If I got'em I'm gonna fill'em. So, I guess I'm wondering what the standard is for storage on SoulStrut. If it is crates, are ya buying them new or are ya "liberating" them as I like to put it. Maybe throw in your best find of crates. I gotta go out at night and skulk around and hop fences and stuff. It can be a rush. I found 4 crates at once, in order to avoid detection I went through 3 other yards to get to them.

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    crates are terrible for storing records, especially the ones that are slightly too small and where your records have to sit diagonal. When i did have to take crates, in south florida there is a supermarket called publix which hate crates perfect for records since they were slightly oversized. They where discontinued like a decade ago, they actually held two liters of softdrinks. Thank God i havent had to use those in ages.
    Shelves are good, especially the ikea expedit. They finally built a store down here in south florida a month ago, but i paid double the price to get mine shipped to miami and still think its a good deal.
    If thats still too much for your budget just spend 35 dollars at the uhaul store and get the small boxes (a spindle of 25 boxes). They are great for records, and thats one of the uses that stated on the box. These boxes are still 100x's better then crates.

• DWJDWJ 14 Posts
    ikea expedit's rule...cheap and slightly aesthetically pleasing. i've got 2 holding almost 5000 LP'/12"s
    :krusty

• leonleon 883 Posts
    I switched from storing them on shelves, i use crates now because it's so much easier to flip through the records... I used to search for hours to find that one record.