dj mixer grounding question

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
i take my mixer to every gig and tonight i tried to ground one of the turntables and the grounding port/post wouldn't clench, it just kept twisting around. is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    depends on which part is stripped- both can be fixed relatively easy. One requires mixer disassembly (the ground post must be replaced if it is stripped or if it is the typical pressed-in 'flared' design, and has become loose, it must be replaced). However, if it's just the clamp-nut that is stripped, all you need to do is get a new clamp-nut.

Or you can just do what everyone else does and ground two turntables to the same post.

• depends on which part is stripped- both can be fixed relatively easy. One requires mixer disassembly (the ground post must be replaced if it is stripped or if it is the typical pressed-in 'flared' design, and has become loose, it must be replaced). However, if it's just the clamp-nut that is stripped, all you need to do is get a new clamp-nut.

Or you can just do what everyone else does and ground two turntables to the same post.

thanks. here is a pic of the back of my mixer. i don't know what you mean by the "flared out" design. these are just basic knobs and i can't tell if they are stripped. the disassembly isnt really an issue, i can just keep twisting and it the entire post comes out. maybe that is the issue.