I Am Legend/Omega Man

124»

Comments

• Ha! Seriously...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Me and the wife saw it to kill some time on xmas. Cinematic masterpiece? No, but it was a good enough way to kill time on xmas.

28 days later was basically the same movie but better, and I've actually seen the Vincent Price last man on earth movie, and guess what? It was pretty damn good. My wife and I agreed when the movie was over that the vincent price joint was better.

Anyways, maybe its a rental, but I think a better rental experience would be 28 Days + Last Man On Earth. Yeah! And then rent Hang 'Em High, because hey - Clint Eastwood!

• I thought the movie was cool in the beggining but got real shotty towards the end. It was entertaining for sure... but I felt like there were too many happy moments interupted by zombies jumping at the car window. Seemed like cheap shots. Then again... they did make me jump.

• just saw it and it was BORING! It had a plot but they forgot to write a story. He walks around for 3/4 the movie, then there's a quick ending. At least have a cool scene vs the zombies. BORING BORING BORING

• I saw it yesterday and thought it was great. It's a hollywood money flick... it is what it is. Better than American Gangster at least.

Having not read the book I can't really compare but I'm not sure why people always expect a hollywood blockbuster to live up to the intricacies of a well-written novel. As Batmon said, two different animals.

I can't believe people are kvetching about the appearance of lions. Talk about missing the forest. I was totally entertained, pretty shaken, and the movie provided discussion for hours afterward. Not sure what else a holiday blockbuster is supposed to do.

Critics of Will Smith should see 6 Degrees Of Separation, an amazing performance there that if you have not seen you really should before casting full judgement.

Movie crit on soulstrut, much like music, leaves a bit to be desired.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I saw it Tuesday night and thought it was great.

That shit was an 8.5. Ya'll hatterz are buggin. dudes lookin for that Rambo vs the Zombies shit need to ease back.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Rambo vs the Zombies

now THAT would be an awesome Frickin' movie.

• Rambo vs the Zombies

How bout that sad lookin trailer for the nw Rambo flick. Stallone looks old, tired and bloated as he takes out entire villages of bad guys in one fell swoop. Reminds me of the Weird Al parody trailer for Rambo that he did in UHF.

Rambo vs the Zombies

"Yeah, and the Zombie'c could represent consumer america and Rambo could against them/it......"

• snosno 332 Posts
    How bout that sad lookin trailer for the nw Rambo flick. Stallone looks old, tired and bloated as he takes out entire villages of bad guys in one fell swoop. Reminds me of the Weird Al parody trailer for Rambo that he did in UHF.
    The trailer looks straight-to-VHS (the blood splatter over camera lens...not even Chuck Norris' MIA series would do *that*).
    The whole age thing works to Sly's advantage in Rocky Balboa because afterall, it's a story about an aging boxer. But I'm afraid the same cannot be said about his Rambo character.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    I just reviewed that Alan Weisman book for the Star newspaper in Malaysia. Did you read it? What did you think of it?

Also, re: I Am Legend. Only the 2nd film I have ever walked out of the cinema halfway through. The first was The Illusionist last year. I Am Legend is a totally pointless film with not a single redeeming feature. Complete toss.

• I saw this movie over New Years.

pretty ehhhhh but some enjoyable parts.

but when Will Smith handed the Brazilian chick the Bob Marley "Legend" comp and said, with a straight face, "this is the greatest album of all time" I lost my shit in the theater. laughed my ass off.

I Am Legend is a totally pointless film

Art has to make/have a point?

• saw Legend as well on a whim, and while I like Will Smith, and the dog was good too, I was disappointed they went with the whole mindless horde route with the vampires. I remember from the Charlton Heston film and what I have read about the book that the vamps were coherent and had a whole culture/'civilization'. I thought that would have been way cooler if Smith had a sit down with the vampires.

Now if you want to see a REAL turd:

I remember from the Charlton Heston film and what I have read about the book that the vamps were coherent and had a whole culture/'civilization'.

I dont think its healthy to critique this movie based on the book or some other rendition.

Comparing the works to one another is a separate question from judging/critiquing the movie by itself.

just sayin....

but when Will Smith handed the Brazilian chick the Bob Marley "Legend" comp and said, with a straight face, "this is the greatest album of all time" I lost my shit in the theater. laughed my ass off.

Seriously! I almost blurted out "douche, it's a Frickin' compilation!" Glad I didn't though.... it was close.

I saw this movie over New Years.

Seriously! I almost blurted out "douche, it's a Frickin' compilation!" Glad I didn't though.... it was close.

I AM.......

I AM.......

Well, now we know where the title came from....

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    dont know if this has been brought up, but the 'zombies' in this movie were total shit. They MUST have been done by the same graphics team who did the androids in 'I Robot' ..another movie which stares Will Smith and also starts with an 'I'.

hmmmmm

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    dont know if this has been brought up, but the 'zombies' in this movie were total shit.

I don't know what people are thinking saying there should've been more zombie battles or that the first half was wack. I thought they really pulled off the scenes of him walking through the empty city, and the whole first half was extremely bugged out. The only part of the movie I found boring was the second half, when it degraded into the same undead zombie battles we've seen a million times.

If people wanted straight action and battling monsters they should've seen AVP or waited until Will Smiths's next summer blockbuster alien slugfest.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    dont know if this has been brought up, but the 'zombies' in this movie were total shit.

I don't know what people are thinking saying there should've been more zombie battles or that the first half was wack. I thought they really pulled off the scenes of him walking through the empty city, and the whole first half was extremely bugged out. The only part of the movie I found boring was the second half, when it degraded into the same undead zombie battles we've seen a million times.

If people wanted straight action and battling monsters they should've seen AVP or waited until Will Smiths's next summer blockbuster alien slugfest.

I cosign on the above. I thought the first half of the movie was >>>>> than the second half. The ending was some bullshit too, especially compared to the original book. They took the whole "I Am Legend" title and made a Frickin' mockery of it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    So this is on HBO right now and I gotta say - one thing that always bugged me about the film in the beginning (which is otherwise engrossing) is that this TV news program has on I>the woman who cured cancer[/i] and the newscast treats it as if she's talking about some new drug to deal with acne.

Sorry but if someone just cured f*cking cancer, that's headline news, not some shit you have on after sports. WTF?!

BTW: I still want to see that Superman/Batman film they got advertised in Times Square.