›

who here has owned a monkey?

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
anyone?i find it interesting when people have pet monkeysa homegirl told me this morning she wants a pet monkey and it got me thinkinif you got a squirrel monkey, let me get that

Comments

• They smell, are very hard to take care of, are very expensive, and throw their own schitt!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I used to want a monkey but they scare me. I'd rather have an Ape.

• Best thread title EVAR...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Not owned but babysat one for four months. Don't even think about it.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

two friends of mine who dated in high school and the funny thing in common that both of their families owned pet monkeys when they were young. weird.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    My coworker's boyfriend ordered her a chimp (dressed in a conductor's outfit) to bring her balloons on her birthday about 2 weeks back. It was actually a magical moment, the office spilled out into the street and lots of people who were just passing by stopped to hang out and gawk at this extremely friendly and intelligent animal.

The owner/trainer/handler was a cool guy and made his living taking the chimp around to parties and events. You could tell he enjoyed his life, but also that taking care of the chimp WAS his life, 24-7.

• My coworker's boyfriend ordered her a chimp (dressed in a conductor's outfit) to bring her balloons on her birthday about 2 weeks back. It was actually a magical moment, the office spilled out into the street and lots of people who were just passing by stopped to hang out and gawk at this extremely friendly and intelligent animal.

The owner/trainer/handler was a cool guy and made his living taking the chimp around to parties and events. You could tell he enjoyed his life, but also that taking care of the chimp WAS his life, 24-7.

I used to work for this guy. He used to dress me up in outfits and take me to parties and events also, that is until he got that damn Chimp.

• My coworker's boyfriend ordered her a chimp (dressed in a conductor's outfit) to bring her balloons on her birthday about 2 weeks back. It was actually a magical moment, the office spilled out into the street and lots of people who were just passing by stopped to hang out and gawk at this extremely friendly and intelligent animal.

I used to work for this guy. He used to dress me up in outfits and take me to parties and events also, that is until he got that damn Chimp.

Yet another cross-species outsourcing tragedy.

Yet another cross-species outsourcing tragedy.

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    My girlfriend won't let me have one. She's mean.

• Wendy Rene bought a monkey with her Stax earnings. Her brother told us it was a pain in the ass...shit everywhere, hated everyone except Wendy and would hit you in the head if you were nearby...

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Wendy Rene bought a monkey with her Stax earnings. Her brother told us it was a pain in the ass...shit everywhere, hated everyone except Wendy and would hit you in the head if you were nearby...

i did read about this kind of behavior a few minutes ago.
    thats pretty wild. monkeys dont really like "outsiders" which can even include a spouse.

this lil guy seems like a lot of fun

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    PAUSE?

The family across the street from my parents has an aging monkey. But it has grown obstreperous in its old age and and does not want to wear its clothes (I am not sure why this is a problem). Also it does not want to eat monkey food, only people food.

I VOTE NO

• anyone?
    i find it interesting when people have pet monkeys
    a homegirl told me this morning she wants a pet monkey and it got me thinkin

if you got a squirrel monkey, let me get that

No lie, a friend of a friend's girlfriend got the bright idea to smuggle some sort of tiny monkey back from South America in her big-ass hairsprayed kooshball mall-rat hair. She got off the plane and was excitedly telling her boyfriend how amazed she was that the monkey had been so quiet and cooperative during the trip. He reached into her hair and found a dead monkey.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    anyone?
    i find it interesting when people have pet monkeys
    a homegirl told me this morning she wants a pet monkey and it got me thinkin

if you got a squirrel monkey, let me get that

No lie, a friend of a friend's girlfriend got the bright idea to smuggle some sort of tiny monkey back from South America in her big-ass hairsprayed kooshball mall-rat hair. She got off the plane and was excitedly telling her boyfriend how amazed she was that the monkey had been so quiet and cooperative during the trip. He reached into her hair and found a dead monkey.

I would definitely rent a movie about this.

• i did read about this kind of behavior a few minutes ago.
    thats pretty wild. monkeys dont really like "outsiders" which can even include a spouse.

For some reason, I just get this gut feeling that monkeys belong in their natural habitat, living with other monkeys and doing natural monkey actvities, sans clothing and dipers.
    I don't know though I ain't no "Monkey Expert".......Any monkey experts on Soul Strut?

• For some reason, I just get this gut feeling that monkeys belong in their natural habitat, living with other monkeys and doing natural monkey actvities, sans clothing and dipers.
    I don't know though I ain't no "Monkey Expert".......Any monkey experts on Soul Strut?

I actually visited a rehabilitation camp for former pet monkeys in South Africa. They had a big plot of jungle and a staff of trainers that would teach them to climb trees, find food, and get along with other monkeys.

One of the monkeys came from somebody's house in Singapore. It had been trained to hug their guests. Any time a tour group walked through the rehab forest, this monkey would come racing up, arms outstretched, trying to grab onto whoever was closest. At which point the trainer would yell in a thick South African accent, "No! No hugging! You are wild monkey now! Don't let him hug you!"

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    My girlfriend won't let me have one. She's mean.

Monkey Shines is

• For some reason, I just get this gut feeling that monkeys belong in their natural habitat, living with other monkeys and doing natural monkey actvities, sans clothing and dipers.

I actually visited a rehabilitation camp for former pet monkeys in South Africa. They had a big plot of jungle and a staff of trainers that would teach them to climb trees, find food, and get along with other monkeys.

One of the monkeys came from somebody's house in Singapore. It had been trained to hug their guests. Any time a tour group walked through the rehab forest, this monkey would come racing up, arms outstretched, trying to grab onto whoever was closest. At which point the trainer would yell in a thick South African accent, "No! No hugging! You are wild monkey now! Don't let him hug you!"

Wow. Hugging Monkey's. That doesn't sound so bad.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Man, how can I say this without it not just sounding all the way foul?! Ok, here goes......... One of my homegirls got a monkey. Man that sounds oh so wrong!!! Lol. Anyway, I hate that thing it is so wild and has completly tore her house apart. It got out of its cage one day and when she got home there was crap literally everywhere and her couches were shredded with the stuffing all over the house!!!

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Man, how can I say this without it not just sounding all the way foul?! Ok, here goes......... One of my homegirls got a monkey. Man that sounds oh so wrong!!! Lol. Anyway, I hate that thing it is so wild and has completly tore her house apart. It got out of its cage one day and when she got home there was crap literally everywhere and her couches were shredded with the stuffing all over the house!!!

after reading everything said here i will strongly advise against the monkey
    i would like a monkey to hug me every time i see it
    that is kinda hot

• The owner/trainer/handler was a cool guy and made his living taking the chimp around to parties and events. You could tell he enjoyed his life, but also that taking care of the chimp WAS his life, 24-7.

Damn! I could be making money when I take rootlesscosmo's girl out on the town?

• The owner/trainer/handler was a cool guy and made his living taking the chimp around to parties and events. You could tell he enjoyed his life, but also that taking care of the chimp WAS his life, 24-7.

Damn! I could be making money when I take rootlesscosmo's girl out on the town?
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

HIYOOOO.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Wendy Rene bought a monkey with her Stax earnings. Her brother told us it was a pain in the ass...shit everywhere, hated everyone except Wendy and would hit you in the head if you were nearby...

i did read about this kind of behavior a few minutes ago.

That monkey looks like the ghost face killer from the shaw bros. movies.

A monkey is probably better than a ferret. I had a friend who had a ferret. Really stinky but they don't do any tricks or hug you.

They are breeding tiny pigs for pets now in the UK. They are actually pretty clean if kept away from mud.