Mexico City

tallbobsmoketallbobsmoke 715 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Heading to Mexico City for a week then will head towards Guadalajara then the coast and back. Will have a lot of free time in DF to look for records. Maybe Guadalajara too. Suggestions? Hook ups? Records to look out for a la Rabbits and Carrots. Sangre Caliente? Emiliano Zapata?

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    In Mexico City there's the El Chopo flea market which is near Metro Balderas which is just a music flea market and has a lot of records. I got some decent things there but nothing too whoa.

There's also this one street corner not far from the Zocalo where dude just sets up with boxes and boxes of shit.

There's a dude right by Metro Revolucion who has a little stall with vinyl and tries to charge you mil pesos for a VG- Cossa Nostra with taped up seams. Nice dude tho.

In Guadalajara there's a spot that I've been to 7-8 times and still havnt gone through everything. Dude has shit loads of records and is kinda a dick but I get good shit from him everytime I go. It's on Juan Manuel north of the historical/el centro zone.

Good luck. I did best in smaller towns but Guadalajara has been good to me. Used book stores are also where you can find records.

Damn, I wanna go to Mexico now. I'm jealous.

• Sweet. Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm really excited about this trip. I've been to both Mexico City and Guadalajara a few times, but I've never been able to devote time to actually looking for records.

• they have good mexican food in mexico

• I wish I could go but I can't get away. My pops even has a jazz club there, "Papa Beto's" of Reforma. Haven't been there since it opened.

Have fun.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    they have good mexican food in mexico

The weird part is, it's all prepared by Americans.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    they have good mexican food in mexico

Tacos Arabes!!! Very common in Puebla where there is also sizeable a record shop.

• they have good mexican food in mexico

Tacos Arabes!!! Very common in Puebla where there is also sizeable a record shop.

Dude, I think I've been there. That was like the largest chunk of al pastor meat I'd seen in my life. Don't forget the pineapple!