Iraqi update

2»

Comments

• So let me get this straight, its your argument now that everything was already improving before the surge, so the surge cant claim credit for the fact that things are impfoving, but alternately things aren't improving?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

US deaths down in recent months, but 2007 deadliest year for US troops.

Please to provide names so Dr.Wu can scribble them on Portland sidewalks this weekend and feel good about self.

I never feel good about writing those names.

What's your take on the wiretapping?

• US deaths down in recent months, but 2007 deadliest year for US troops.

Please to provide names so Dr.Wu can scribble them on Portland sidewalks this weekend and feel good about self.

I never feel good about writing those names.

What's your take on the wiretapping?

It must pass constitutional muster if the Democrats keep passing it. Because they would never sell out our interests for BushCo's phony oil war and illegal occupation.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    You all need to lick alan greenspan's nuts. He is smarter than the rest of the US combined.

???I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil??? - Alan greenspan

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My PERSONAL opinion Regarding Wire Tapping:

As I've stated here before a friend of mine, Phil Pearlman, is the father of American Al Quaeda member Adam Gadahn. Right after the news broke about Phil's son I received a note that Phil's phone and outgoing packages were being monitored by the CIA/FBI and there was a good chance mine would be also as there were records of us conversing.

I have absolutely no problem with it, and have conveyed to Phil that this should not stop him from contacting me. If monitoring Phil's(and subsequently my) calls captures known terrorists and prevents future terror attacks you can listen to my phone calls all day long.

If you were to assume, like I'm sure many people do, that the purpose of this wiretapping would go beyond the stated intent, and somehow put me in an awkward position based on other issues besides terrorism, I can see why some might be against it.

I have no problem with it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    You all need to lick alan greenspan's nuts.

Fortunately his nuts are hanging from his chin.

As I've stated here before a friend of mine, Phil Pearlman, is the father of American Al Quaeda member Adam Gadahn. Right after the news broke about Phil's son I received a note that Phil's phone and outgoing packages were being monitored by the CIA/FBI and there was a good chance mine would be also as there were records of us conversing.

I have absolutely no problem with it, and have conveyed to Phil that this should not stop him from contacting me. If monitoring Phil's(and subsequently my) calls captures known terrorists and prevents future terror attacks you can listen to my phone calls all day long.

If you were to assume, like I'm sure many people do, that the purpose of this wiretapping would go beyond the stated intent, and somehow put me in an awkward position based on other issues besides terrorism, I can see why some might be against it.

How about whether or not Constitutional Officers are following the law? Stop framing this around whether or not some dork in a cubicle in Fairfax, VA knows that you buy used panties off eBay.

How about whether or not Constitutional Officers are following the law? Stop framing this around whether or not some dork in a cubicle in Fairfax, VA knows that you buy used panties off eBay.

My experience is real....yours is theorhetical.....I'm framing it around knowing that my phone calls can be, and may very well be, listened to by our government.
    And I don't have a problem with it.

Call me an idiot, call me what you want, but don't discount the fact that what you fear is very likely happening to me and I'm willing to give up that civil right in the name of saving people's lives.

I know for sure that any REAL terrorist definitely does NOT want their phones tapped.

My experience is real....yours is theorhetical.....I'm framing it around knowing that my phone calls can be, and may very well be, listened to by our government.
    And I don't have a problem with it.

Call me an idiot, call me what you want, but don't discount the fact that what you fear is very likely happening to me and I'm willing to give up that civil right in the name of saving people's lives.

I know for sure that any REAL terrorist definitely does NOT want their phones tapped.

Do you watch the Wire? They can't even catch drug dealers in Baldimore tapping phones.

Wait, that's not real either.

• Constitutional Officers

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Wire tapping is going to trap the REAL terrorists? Yeah right! Ever watch the wire.

Every criminal from the corner bird slanger to the higher eschelon knows that the system is tapping their shit.

Thats why REAL terrorists move to stenography, auto-recombining cell phones, encrypted phones or the easiest method of all, using a one time key.

Here is how it works, i give you a sheet of paper that says home=terrorist attack location, meet at=attack then i sen you a benign text message to your prepaid cellie that says "Hey bob, let's meet at the chicago airport at 6:30pm"

pfffttttt on wire tapping. governments behind the game and picking up small time copycats instead of bringing their a-game.

C'mon.

• you might have a "real" experience, but it has nothing to do with the controversy over the bill that the dems okay'd. the issue is whether the feds have to get FISA Court approval for wiretaps when the call is made out of the country and concerns an issue of national security. that is the bill that was passed. the dems gave it their support because they put in provisions that require the feds to get court approval shortly afterwards. btw, that bill was only passed in one branch and the gop is opposing it because they don't think it is harsh enough (on our civil liberties). it has nothing to do with domestic calls. moreover, your experience was one where the feds would have no problem obtaining a wire tap.

Seriously. I'm not talking about "catching the bad guys". I'm talking about being a nation of laws, not men. When they did what they did, they broke the law. Period. And just because you have unitary executive fantasies or Jesus told you or whatever, doesn't mean you can break the law. Sorry I got SERIOUS problems with that.

• Sorry I got SERIOUS problems.

--Fatback November, 8, 2007.

Sorry I got SERIOUS problems.

^^^^LOVES--I MEAN LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVES--MY DICK.

Never watched The Wire.

Never watched The Wire.

BAN

• Sorry I got SERIOUS problems.

^^^^LOVES--I MEAN LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVES--MY DICK.

its as small as your intellect/

you might have a "real" experience, but it has nothing to do with the controversy over the bill that the dems okay'd. the issue is whether the feds have to get FISA Court approval for wiretaps when the call is made out of the country and concerns an issue of national security. that is the bill that was passed. the dems gave it their support because they put in provisions that require the feds to get court approval shortly afterwards. btw, that bill was only passed in one branch and the gop is opposing it because they don't think it is harsh enough (on our civil liberties). it has nothing to do with domestic calls. moreover, your experience was one where the feds would have no problem obtaining a wire tap.

The question I was responding to was a simple "what do you think about wire-tapping".

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Wire tapping is going to trap the REAL terrorists? Yeah right! Ever watch the wire.

yeah man i mean the wire is that real shit... LMFAO

Flipping burner cellphones is the real shit though. Street approved. Just providing an illustration for the street shy.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Never watched The Wire.

BAN

you should watch it so you can see what 98.9% of soulstrut watches & thinks is real & has homo-erotic fantasies about...

Cutty is a woman???!!!!

Oh wait. I just remembered something . Nevermind.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    sab adds, don't get it, to his repertoire of don't know and don't care

Calls but given update to update. Only response is