Rep yer local squash experienc

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
The Welsh rap video with the badminton players got me thinking about Squash clubs. I don't play squash and probably never will, but I've been in a bunch of fancy racket clubs, usually for strange reasons, and I'm pretty sure squash is hip hop. Back in Montreal, one afternoon I met a guy to check some thrift stores in the east end. Dude was a disco collector and all slovenly in the way that budding crazy record men usually are. When we started driving in his rust heap that gave a good view of the road beneath your feet, instead of going directly to the thrifts he took me to Westmount's (posh neighbourhood) premier racquet club where, he informed me, we had to watch his family play in a Squash tournament. I recall lots of wood panelling, cognitive dissonance over the fact I expected to be in a thrift store and instead found myself in a Montreal bastion of WASP culture, and incredibly cute girls who knitted while their beaus competed in the court. There was an open buffet, which was tasty. We found no records that afternoon.

Comments

• squash is hip hop

+

Montreal bastion of WASP culture

=

cognitive dissonance

• I thought this was about the veggie...I love squash, but as of late my local experience has been small and tough squash, not good...The zucchini has been ok, but the yellow and butternut jents have been sub par around here...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I thought this was about the veggie...I love squash, but as of late my local experience has been small and tough squash, not good...The zucchini has been ok, but the yellow and butternut jents have been sub par around here...

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been eating a lot of butternut and acorn squash recently and it's a good year for them. I'll hook you up if you come by these parts.

• I thought this was about the veggie...I love squash, but as of late my local experience has been small and tough squash, not good...The zucchini has been ok, but the yellow and butternut jents have been sub par around here...

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been eating a lot of butternut and acorn squash recently and it's a good year for them. I'll hook you up if you come by these parts.
    danno, i'm right with you. buternut is an always classic. But acorn squash has made huge strides on my favorite foods list....GOTTTAM THAT HSIT IS GOOD!!!