The R

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Saw dude absolutely own the mic.. stage.. crowd.. No posse, just his son and road manager... and backing band.Ghost was nice too, but Rakim just killed it!

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Wait...WHAT?

backing band

i hate the backing band. why is this so popular?

i saw ra a year or so ago with kid capri on the twilz! great show! i am looking forward to the ra/ghost/ali show coming to minneap.

backing band though? don't get me wrong, i love a good band but i'd rather hear a dj backing a rapper. unless its the roots.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The bands that back these guys are incredible. Orgone/Rhythm Roots All Stars. Get familiar.

• The bands that back these guys are incredible. Orgone/Rhythm Roots All Stars. Get familiar.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

backing band though? don't get me wrong, i love a good band but i'd rather hear a dj backing a rapper. unless its the roots.

I completely disagree. A good band gives an MC a better vibe to work off live than a DJ any day.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Wait...WHAT?

backing band

i hate the backing band. why is this so popular?

i saw ra a year or so ago with kid capri on the twilz! great show! i am looking forward to the ra/ghost/ali show coming to minneap.

Come on, most DJ's just hit play on the DAT and stand there mugging. I don't pay good money for a concert just to have them literaly play there record. Lyrics Born has a live band and it's the most mind blowing hip hop show around!

Premier and a few others still hold it down with the live DJing, but the 90's are long gone!

• BACK TO THE REAL TOPIC... RAKIM live =

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah I'm going tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a show in a long time.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    One of the nicest flows of any MC ever, if not the[/b] nicest.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Is Rakim likely to be touring Europe? If he crosses the pond, Ghost will be his wingman: