I just met Mat Dillion

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
...what a geninuely nice guy, down to earth, loves to talk, loves music...2 thumbs up!

Comments

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    That's cool, I always thought he'd be alright. So what did he buy on 78? And more importantly why are so many other actors/celebrities utter douchebags?

• What gets me is that almost every character he plays is a complete asshole. It's refreshing to hear he's actually a nice guy.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dillon is a "known dude" in Latin circles. He apparently has a collection that'd put most to shame. He comes into Groove Merchant on occasion and Cool Chris has a pretty funny story about that which I'll let him share.

• ha! yeah he came in and said he was looking for pre-war blues 78s, so I pulled out some stuff and while we were playing them and talking, I asked him " I thought you were going to ask for latin stuff, Ive know you are a big latin collector.." and he just smiled, "you heard that huh?"
    I have met some stars in my day and a lot of them are douchebags, but not Matt, this was just like hanging out with any other record nerd. What a cool dude. I have to admit I did furiously dig for the "Over the Edge" poster I knew we have in here somewhere so he could autograph it, but I couldnt find it

• Super chill dude. He is into African too. That dude must have one of the best latin collections on earth, no bullshit.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    who's Matt Dillion?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I went to drop off some artwork at his home but his ladyfreind didnt let us in.
    I was hoping to peep his collectron. Oh well....

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    This dudes always been one of my faves cause he comes off as genuine, not hollywood, or ny or involved in any of that posh actor/celebrity lifestyle posturing, seems like he is who he is. Nice to know he's got a good hobby.

I even like this one- I never realized the consistency of all his roles, he could be poised to go down as the greatest filmic asshole, ever.

• That's cool, I always thought he'd be alright. So what did he buy on 78? And more importantly why are so many other actors/celebrities utter douchebags?

Are you talking from experience because most celebs I've met have been really nice. It's the extras from toothpaste commercials that think they own Hollywood.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Yeah, you're right. It's not like I'm hobnobbing with A-Listers on a regular basis, but I've met quite a few. Older model types tend to be universally catty and athletes tend to be good at thier sport, not the art of conversation.

I think it's more a case of not being involved in the real world like everyone else that sets them up as douchebags. The funny thing is, of all the people who SHOULD be mellow, nice and kind it's actors. They earn great money, don't have to work all the time and are treated like gods. I'm sure I'd be nothing but a nice guy if that was my world.

So then who's the nicest celebrity?

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    i remember carson daly asking him if he was into hip hop.
    he answered with: "i used to be into schoolly d."

• I'd love to meet Dillon. OVER THE EDGE, THE OUTSIDERS, and RUMBLE FISH are great flicks.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    went to junior high school with him and high school with sister Kate and brother. he actually was a juvenile delinquent when they came and discovered him in the principal's office. But he became a lot more chill as an actor. All the kids were pretty nice kids. But they had a big black german shepard named "Hitler"

• love that movie

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Drugstore Cowboy and Flamingo Kid are personal faves.

• "Ricky, this is Mike...he's my bodyguard."

One of the ultimate Chicago movies. Linderman rules.

• i celebrate his entire catalogue.

• yeah dillon was thru cleveland in the late 90s and copped a ton of stuff here and was totally nice guy.

good taste at that!

• ...seen supporting the rock-check the last 10 seconds...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Why the thread-title change?

• Why the thread-title change?
    PM'd ya

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    LIZARD PEOPLE PRE-WW2 BLUES 78 CONSPIRACY

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    yeah dillon was thru cleveland in the late 90s and copped a ton of stuff here and was totally nice guy.

good taste at that!

word he hangs out w/ M*z@.....

• shit, i would too if i lived out there.cool mothafu$$a

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    wasnt he in buffy the vampire slayer?
    kristy swanson had a bangin body in that flick

nevermind that was dylan from 90210
    how i remember these things....

• man, Matt is that dude...called me up last night to see if I wanted to have lunch with him today before he flew out. Of course I said yes...went to his hotel and hung out in his suite and he played me a bunch of facemelting pre-revolution Afro-Cuban stuff, then we went across the street and had lunch...we just talked music the entire time...dude is a true record nerd...good times!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    man, Matt is that dude...called me up last night to see if I wanted to have lunch with him today before he flew out. Of course I said yes...went to his hotel and hung out in his suite and he played me a bunch of facemelting pre-revolution Afro-Cuban stuff, then we went across the street and had lunch...we just talked music the entire time...dude is a true record nerd...good times!

My longtime man-crush on Matt Dillon is extremely jealous of you right now.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    What gets me is that almost every character he plays is a complete asshole. It's refreshing to hear he's actually a nice guy.

Yknow this is exactly what I was thinking. I usually hate this guy in movies, but I guess that proves how good of a job he does.

- spidey

• For some reason I thought we were talking about Matt Damon the whole time...

Hahaha,

Dress