I just ran into Questlove...

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
...at lunch. I'm like "you trying to buy some records on this trip?" he's like "maybe...but I can't just buy one or two records, I gotta buy the whole store ." hope he pays some of y'all SF dealers a visit!PS SF heads: I am feeling the slanted door in the ferry building. it's not cheap but cotdamn that food is good.

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• are you saying the man is on the under? gay rap rumor strut BUMP!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    who?

• what whole store?

• THIS THREAD IS EROTIC.

• PS SF heads: I am feeling the slanted door in the ferry building. it's not cheap but cotdamn that food is good.

is the house still around? its like a low rent slanted door.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    ...at lunch. I'm like "you trying to buy some records on this trip?" he's like "maybe...but I can't just buy one or two records, I gotta buy the whole store ." hope he pays some of y'all SF dealers a visit!

PS SF heads: I am feeling the slanted door in the ferry building. it's not cheap but cotdamn that food is good.

Did you tell that fool to come back down to planet earth? Both times I was around that dude he was TRIPPIN'.

• PS SF heads: I am feeling the slanted door in the ferry building. it's not cheap but cotdamn that food is good.

ya'know someone who moved out of SF asked me the same thing the other day and I didn't know what to tell him. I have never been to that spot. Maybe I need to get familiar?

• THIS THREAD IS EROTIC.

i beleive the green door is slightly more erotic than the slanted door...

I have never talked to anyone who went into this landmark establishment, but i'd love to hear about it...

I thonk its time 4 a new avatar rootless....

• I thonk its time 4 a new avatar rootless....

I have been seriously considering it lately.....but then how does one really fuck with the one called Cheese!?!?

I have been seriously considering it lately.....but then how does one really fuck with the one called Cheese!?!?

I dont watch the Wire......

ya'know someone who moved out of SF asked me the same thing the other day and I didn't know what to tell him. I have never been to that spot. Maybe I need to get familiar?

there used to be 2 that i knew of. one in north beach and one in sunset. this was during the height of fusion cooking though so they might have folded up by now.

folks that like slanted door and the house usually hype le cheval in oakland. dont front on battambang tho. cambodian spot on broadway in downtown oakland. one of my favorites!

i still havent seen any movie stars down here. of course, im prolly not in the areas theyre in...

• le cheval in oakland

there was a le cheval in Berkeley on Bancroft (still there I think?).

funny I must have walked past that restaurant like every day for about 5 yrs and never once went in...I like viet namese, too.

I hit up Pho Hoa in Embarcadero 3 for lunch often...matter of fact I have seen a certain strutter in there getting her grub on....

pho bac or FALL BACK as I like to say.....

• this is awesome!

hey cosmo, so i was wondering what ever happened with changing part of TL to "little saigon"? there was a spot over there [i forget the name] that had really good pho. i wonder if they gave up on that lil saigon thing yet or not. they were trying to call sf jtown little osaka too.

anyways, i forgot, i have met some LA rap luminaries since i been down here. but ive been sworn to secrecy.

• damn, I was just talking to my girl about Le Cheval. I liked it, but haven't gone back since I went two years ago. She thinks it's expensive, I think she needs to get her money right; I'm no captain.

so another s.f. food strutter thread begins

• i would have to agree with her. its basically vietnamese food at white man prices. the ambiance is nice tho and the one in oakland is in the oaksterdam section if i remember correctly.

anyways, has anyone seen the new alicia keys posters? goshdarnit shes foyne!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I swear to god I could have posted about the Frickin' Einstein's Theory of General Relativity and get 2 or more Bay dudes up in that shit, next thing you know we're talking about grub. Fuck is WRONG with you people?

• so another s.f. food strutter thread begins

I swear to god I could have posted about the Frickin' Einstein's Theory of General Relativity and get 2 or more Bay dudes up in that shit, next thing you know we're talking about grub. Fuck is WRONG with you people?

anyone ever been to einsteins on 9th ave in the sunset? they have pretty good veggie get ups and i think its a non profit for something or the other. so its a good cause and its veggie friendly. everyone wins!

hi cosmo b! dude, i gotta send that thing out to that one person for you. sorry, im slacking as usual.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

We like to eat?

DOG, EINSTEIN HAD THE ILL MATZAH BALL SOUP RECIPEE.

And speaking of Frickin'

it's i-ight.

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    I hit up Pho Hoa in Embarcadero 3

18 large, all white meat. PASUE B/W RHKTD.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

DOG, EINSTEIN HAD THE ILL MATZAH BALL SOUP RECIPEE.

And speaking of Frickin'

it's i-ight.

i just walked by this place 20 minutes ago with serg and stef.

me: is that place good?
    serg: they have an extra 'o' in good...i'm assuming fuck yeah!

• i've seen that place before... on mission close to valencia right?

by the way cosmo, apropos the original thread title, why did I also run into King Britt yesterday? plaese to explain why you Philly heads have decided to convene on my town late October for some reason....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Perhaps it's the food...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I'm tired of seeing these Wire faces. Faux Rillz needs a new one as well.

• i just found out i'm working with questlove next week on the new Al Green record!!! recording the dap kings horn section too.

• i just found out i'm working with questlove next week on the new Al Green record!!! recording the dap kings horn section too.

man.... and dudes used to clown you on here.

• everybody gets clowned on soulstrut