Anybody heard of Jesse West?

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
My homie Maylay just did this track with King Tee and Threat on this beat that is BANGING. He said some dude from the east coast named Jesse West did it. I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything else by this dude...if so, what?

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    he did a track or two on Heavy D's Blue Funk

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    for real?? I need to check that album again.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    My homie Maylay just did this track with King Tee and Threat on this beat that is BANGING. He said some dude from the east coast named Jesse West did it. I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything else by this dude...if so, what?

I think he did KRS-ONE's "Step Into a World"...

Jesse West:
    Hip-Hop/Rap songwriter, artist (a.k.a. 3rd Eye and 24/7) and producer. Jesse has written and produced songs for such Hip-Hop/Rap stars as Xzibit, Heavy-D, Notorious B.I.G. and KRS-One. Check out his most recent hit single (which Jesse co-wrote and produced) "What U See Is What You Get" by XZIBIT. As an artist Jesse is signed to Franchise/Loud/RCA Records under the name 24/7. Check out 24/7's new song "Show Me Love" featured on the "Funkmaster Flex Mix Tape: Volume III"

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

Wasn't that Domingo?

haha, yeah my dumbass just found his production list on allmusic. I thought his name sounded familiar, but for some reason I was thinking he was a new dude. haha...yeah dude did Top Quality, Supercat, KRS-One, Raw Breed, Xzibit, Mary J Blige...etc. damn.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Wasn't that Domingo?

Gee, that sounds right too... not sure. Domingo definitely did some stuff on that album.

Wasn't that Domingo?

Gee, that sounds right too... not sure. Domingo definitely did some stuff on that album.

allmusic lists West in the composer credits on that song so I dunno. I'll have to check the single when I get home.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    yeah dude did Top Quality

Gotta take this chance to proclaim how much I have always really liked that Top Quality Magnum Opus LP.

But I like O'Donnell Levy's Simba, so what do I know?

• Jesse West:
    Hip-Hop/Rap songwriter, artist (a.k.a. 3rd Eye and 24/7) and producer. Jesse has written and produced songs for such Hip-Hop/Rap stars as Xzibit, Heavy-D, Notorious B.I.G. and KRS-One. Check out his most recent hit single (which Jesse co-wrote and produced) "What U See Is What You Get" by XZIBIT. As an artist Jesse is signed to Franchise/Loud/RCA Records under the name 24/7. Check out 24/7's new song "Show Me Love" featured on the "Funkmaster Flex Mix Tape: Volume III"

I think Wild Pitch signed him for a second in the early 90s but didn't put anything out by him. I seem to remember Search playing something on the radio by 3rd Eye...He had a weird voice.

He had a 12" on Uptown called Ease Up

yeah dude did Top Quality

Gotta take this chance to proclaim how much I have always really liked that Top Quality Magnum Opus LP.

But I like O'Donnell Levy's Simba, so what do I know?

nah dude I'm with you on that one. A lot of people wrote it off as a lame Eric Sermon side project but I liked it.

Jesse West:

I think Wild Pitch signed him for a second in the early 90s but didn't put anything out by him. I seem to remember Search playing something on the radio by 3rd Eye...He had a weird voice.

He had a 12" on Uptown called Ease Up

yeah I'm rapidly qualifying for little dude-dom. I have that 3rd eye 12" at home. I knew Puffy had something to do with it but I never knew Jesse West was the Yukmouth sounding dude.

what B.I.G. song did he do?

• jesse west also did some work with nine i believe.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I have a few 12" I sold of his that were R&B and were horrible new jack swing type stuff. He might've been rapping, but too wretched to put in the "hip hop" sale pile.
    T.N.

PS So did he write What U See Is What U Get? Or produce it? I love that fucking song.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I have a whole album by dude if anyone would like to buy it from me. How much? A hunerd dollars.

hahahaa.....

the Pat O'Brien avatar is killin' it.....

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    hahahaa.....

the Pat O'Brien avatar is killin' it.....

I just heard that sh*t today for the 1st time and had no choice but to make Pat my new avatar. That mofo was coked out of his MIND!!!

• Jesse West was that other dude on the "Dolly My Baby (remix)" with Puff, Supercat and Biggie. West was the dude that you always wanted to take out of the song if you had doubles, 'cause his verse was like nails on a chalkboard in that song.

I gotta add my co-signature to Archaic and djdaze on that Top Quality. "Magnum Opus" still makes me happy when I hear it. I might have said that on here before already, tho.

Is "Ease Up" the song that samples Coltrane's "Giant Steps" album? Wasn't the chorus something like "Ease up! What's that all about?" or some shit like that? Getting old. I used to like that song a bunch, too, mainly for that Trane sample.

• Jesse West was that other dude on the "Dolly My Baby (remix)" with Puff, Supercat and Biggie. West was the dude that you always wanted to take out of the song if you had doubles, 'cause his verse was like nails on a chalkboard in that song.

For the Austin heads: I always thought 3rd Eye sounded like Hakim Noir Allah Universal from Sockeye.

Jesse West was that other dude on the "Dolly My Baby (remix)" with Puff, Supercat and Biggie. West was the dude that you always wanted to take out of the song if you had doubles, 'cause his verse was like nails on a chalkboard in that song.

I gotta add my co-signature to Archaic and djdaze on that Top Quality. "Magnum Opus" still makes me happy when I hear it. I might have said that on here before already, tho.

Is "Ease Up" the song that samples Coltrane's "Giant Steps" album? Wasn't the chorus something like "Ease up! What's that all about?" or some shit like that? Getting old. I used to like that song a bunch, too, mainly for that Trane sample.

magnum opus is my shit...but actually the song that Jesse West produced is "What?"

and yeah that's the 3rd Eye song...from what I remember that was the first thing Puffy put out when he got on at Uptown.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    I just read Ivory's MC Serch interview and he said that Jesse West had some sclotentio.