how stupid can you be?

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
D.C. Police Officer Admits Stealing Resident's Credit CardBy Carol d. LeonnigWashington Post Staff WriterThursday, October 25, 2007; 1:22 PMA D.C. police officer confessed in court today that, while responding to a false alarm at a Northeast Washington home in August, he swiped the owner's credit card from a credenza while she was gone and tried to rack up thousands of dollars in charges.Officer Donnay A. Davis, 25, who had been stationed in the Fifth District, was caught when the homeowner did some detective work of her own.She reported the card missing and learned from bank officials the phone number of someone who had called in trying to change the personal identification number for her card. She dialed that number in Capitol Heights and heard the voice mail message of the officer, who turned out to be her burglar.Davis went to some lengths to use the homeowner's card, according to his guilty plea in federal court today. That included asking a fellow officer to look up personal identification information about the homeowner in a police computer database.A police internal affairs investigation found that Davis had obtained an ATM card in the owner's name and had been videotaped withdrawing cash from Chase Bank teller machines several times.Davis, who pleaded guilty to one count of attempted bank fraud, is scheduled to be sentenced in January .
Wow.

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    "you were put here to protect us, but who protects us from you?"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    How they let people like this into "protecting the community" is beyond me.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Good pay.
    Few requirements.
    Basically a job any moron can get.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Good pay.
    Few requirements.
    Basically a job any moron can get.

Don't get me wrong. I've seen plenty of good cops out there (even those I've gotten tickets from), but to see this type of stuff in authoritative positions really tarnishes the rep of everyone.

• I mean, couldn't he at least have put on a mask or something at the ATM? Or have worn a hat?? And he left his home # at the bank when he tried to change the PIN??? What a frickin' idiot!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Back on the beat in 3 months.