Hong Kong...

JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Any records out there?? Not necessarily goin there just for rares but it would be cool.

Comments

• snosno 332 Posts
    There are definitely spots for records in HKG if you don't mind the lack of rares. (Paging Kenny)...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Jake, you wanna definitley contact Kenny... there's one spot that he'll take you to...

peace.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Any records out there?? Not necessarily goin there just for rares but it would be cool.

When you going there foolio?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Thread jack. Just heard that Blue Scholars remix on KEXP yesterday, you made a seriously boring
    song hot. Nice work J!

• I couldnt find shit there in 2001. But I have seen people on here mention they know the deal in HK. Good luck and have fun...I Frickin' love Hong Kong.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    talk to dave from davesrecords he posts here and was in HK for a while i remeber correctly

have fun

• also, here is a little tip for you..

Hot ass HK girls love em some American dudes. Just sayin'...

• Thread jack. Just heard that Blue Scholars remix on KEXP yesterday, you made a seriously boring
    song hot. Nice work J!

Thx hommie. I haven't heard the final version of it yet.

• also, here is a little tip for you..

Hot ass HK girls love em some American dudes. Just sayin'...

Unfortunately wifedog wouldn't really approve all of that. Thank for the help everybody. I think I'm goin to check it out. The sneaker shopping is supposed to be from what I've heard as well.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    also, here is a little tip for you..

Hot ass HK girls love em some white dudes. Just sayin'...

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    wifedog

wifedog

wifedog

wifedog

wifedog

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Josh from Soul Gorilla was out there this past week he gets back today, I was gonna tell you that the sneakers are true indeed Too bad they are 99% knock offs!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    sneaker street is in Mong Kok, I'm sure Kenny can direct you, very accessible by MTR. There are certain stores w/ fakes, but I'd say the majority are authentic. As always, if the price is too good to be true....

The best thing about HK by far is the food culture. People always eat out because nobody wants to be stuck inside a tiny apartment shared by 5 people. The competition is fierce w/ restaurants, street food, hawker stands, wet markets, etc.

Please to visit an authentic dai pai dong, tis a part of HK culture that will eventually disappear for good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dai_pai_dong

• Josh from Soul Gorilla was out there this past week he gets back today, I was gonna tell you that the sneakers are true indeed Too bad they are 99% knock offs!

You just have to know where to shop and know your shit, and you'll be fine. There is so much Frickin' heat when it comes to kicks in HK. Also load up on any computer software you may need. The newest version of Photoshop for 5 US dollars, yes please!

I know Causeway Bay has a lot of good boutique/sneaker spots...but I am sure there are tons in other places as well.

• i'm gonna be there too and would love to know where to find records.

also, china (only as far north as shanghai though) and north vietnam..

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

The best thing about HK by far is the food culture. People always eat out because nobody wants to be stuck inside a tiny apartment shared by 5 people. The competition is fierce w/ restaurants, street food, hawker stands, wet markets, etc.

Please to visit an authentic dai pai dong, tis a part of HK culture that will eventually disappear for good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dai_pai_dong

this entry was very interesting. i'd kill to eat good food in HK. gotta make it there one day...

jake, nice to see you in toronto. have a blast on this trip...