Anyone see the Heath Brothers?

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
At the Village Vanguard on Oct. 21st? It was my birthday, so we headed down for the first set. It was incredible! If people haven't seen them yet, do yourself a favor and do so. They play wonderfully together with some young talent accompaning on bass and piano. Flowing effortlessly from Bop to Soul Jazz, even some funky moments. Jimmy name checked some of the famous musicians that were in attendence. Kenny Baron, Ron Carter, and even Frickin' Billy Ocean. What a night!!!It was a great bday and I'd like to thank Johnny freaking Paycheck for putting up with my father and I while we drunkenly shopped in his store. Oh yeah, and Aleit for those great 45's...thanks again.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I saw them in Brooklyn about 2 weeks ago, for a crowd of maybe 30 tops. Shit was next level. Jimmy was snapping on motherfuckers too...

• It was a great bday and I'd like to thank Johnny freaking Paycheck for putting up with my father and I while we drunkenly shopped in his store.

So you were that northern soul kid??

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    It was a great bday and I'd like to thank Johnny freaking Paycheck for putting up with my father and I while we drunkenly shopped in his store.

So you were that northern soul kid??

Naw, I'm not on that "snobby, holier than thou, spoiled, super raer or nothing kind of father son digging duo". I'm more of your garden variety "drinking a beer while listening to tons of great music, discussing funny stuff, spending all day and all my spending money at one of my favorite record stores, where both my dad and I have seperate stacks".