Buzzy Linhart: Yay or Nay?

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
What's the verdict on this guy? My verdict is "nay", but I'm staring at a sealed copy of his first album with The Music and wondering if I should crack it open to give it a listen, or just put it on the bay.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    What's the verdict on this guy? My verdict is "nay", but I'm staring at a sealed copy of his first album with The Music and wondering if I should crack it open to give it a listen, or just put it on the bay.

NAY!

dude has cool album cover but milquetoast music

• Some of his stuff is yay and some of is
    I usually pick his stuff up if I get it in the dollar bins, but I don't seek it out or anything...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yea, he's just way to out there with the crazy carnival jazz folk rock weirdness. He's got a couple breaks, but it's totally like...............

"Ugh what the fuck did I buy this....huh...that's a nice break...wait it's gone....ugh what the fuck did I buy this record for."

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Is anyone familiar with the Music lp I speak of? I'm just figuring at some point in his career the dude must've have done *something* cool to get people's attention. On what material did he build his "reputation"?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Is anyone familiar with the Music lp I speak of? I'm just figuring at some point in his career the dude must've have done *something* cool to get people's attention. On what material did he build his "reputation"?

Bette Midler recorded his song "Friends." And he was a member of the Seventh Sons, a raga-rock band who had an album on ESP in 1968. Apart from that, he appears to be just another New York folk singer. He musta had some kind of following, because Buddah/Kama Sutra, his label, even compiled a Buzzy Linhart best-of. Long after he left the label. A two-record set, at that.

(Why the hell do I know all this?)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

(Why the hell do I know all this?)

dunno..ask pickwick!