Gary Davis Ep OG check

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Does anyone here have an OG of this that can tell the difference between the OG and the almost identical boot? Can anyone hook me up with the matrix #'s or any other discernable differences? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    post the run out groove and i'll check

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    OG matrix number has "CS" in it. The boot does not.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I am still kicking myself for not picking this up when some dude was selling sealed copies on ebay a year or so ago.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    thanks everybody. I don't have it yet, I just asked a dude on ebay to end the auction early and he agreed. This is one of my favorite albums. Happy to finally get an OG. I've been outbid too many times on this

• What does it sound like?

Peace,

Dress

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    What does it sound like?

Peace,

Dress

Slamming disco funk that was recorded in an outhouse with a Fisher Price microphone. Basically- awesome.

• coked out disco

although I remember reading in waxpo that Davis didn't do drugs?

• i bought one from ebay about a year ago. it's a repress. was someone selling og's?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    yeah this dude had a bunch of og's. started from 500+, went down to 250, eventually he was doing buy-it-nows for 200. i copped one.

he had other stuff in the same vein and a simple site with label scans and soundclips as well.

What does it sound like?

Peace,

Dress

It goes all over the place...from some uptempo jazz, slower soul, funky disco, even spacy hip hop. It's actually one of my favorites of all time. One of those "listen from front to back" kind of things.

• such a dope ep...

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Btw, the og doesn't sound nowhere near as lo-fi as the reissue.

• Btw, the og doesn't sound nowhere near as lo-fi as the reissue.

that said, playing the og is still risky business in the club.

kenny's versions are probably the best for anyone who is interested in playing those songs out. the OG has this super treble that murders people, in a bad way.

pretty sure the reissue is legit BTW.

dude who turned up the sealed copies still owes me one! he did give me a signed warped copy though. correctors item.

just came in the mail today. You gotta love when you spend money for insurance, prioirty mail, etc and it's stamped fragile and theres a big hole in the box when it gets to your door. Didn't even travel far (maybe 50 miles). Thank god, the vinyl didn't get hurt.

The matrix is SH 002 a and SH 002 b
    could everyone who has this post the matrix numbers. I would hate to think I paid this much for a boot. I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    The matrix is SH 002 a and SH 002 b
    could everyone who has this post the matrix numbers. I would hate to think I paid this much for a boot. I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

CS 1554 A
    CS 1554 B

and I'm positive I have an OG.

the label looks mad suspect too. Like a computer print out. Thanks day, anybody else have an OG?

• Where can you get a reish at? I need one.

just found a japanese site selling the boot. It's on Soho music and thats why it has the "SH" on the matrix.
    http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:8bf9...clnk&cd=4&gl=us

I got jipped. Payed mad money too. I'm asking for a refund

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I know I know!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    hahaha, if you read his feedback you'll see, he specializes in BOOTS http://myworld.ebay.com/giftedandblessed/

hahaha, if you read his feedback you'll see, he specializes in BOOTS http://myworld.ebay.com/giftedandblessed/

I noticed that too. Was hoping this wouldn't be the ironies of ironies.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    considering who the douchebag that got quanity of these is, its no wonder people are getting burned...