SOCAL FIRE CHECK IN

2»

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Saw coverage of this on the news last night, pretty scary stuff, I hope things work out ok.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I was at Qualcomm too, with the teacher's union working w/ kids, doing arts and crafts, it was pretty fun actually, the kids were super positive, one was having so much fun she said she told me she didn't want to go home!

On a less positive note, the freeway across from my house just caught on fire!!!! but was quickly put out by some firetrucks. I am in the middle of the city-scary.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Scary how those embers can come flying out of nowhere. Back in '03, a canyon right next to my friend's apartment in La Jolla, caught on fire briefly. We were buggin' out to say the least.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dont worry the president is here now! so cal is saved!!!

YAY?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    shit's terrible. sorry to everyone effected. LA central's all good - but the weather's been maaaaaad eerie. You know when you first go outside at like 8:00 AM in the morn and the sun hits you directly sorta, the atmosphere is warm but you can really feel the actual rays? it's been like that every day for the past three days. feels like morning all day....bizzare.

• shit's terrible. sorry to everyone effected. LA central's all good - but the weather's been maaaaaad eerie. You know when you first go outside at like 8:00 AM in the morn and the sun hits you directly sorta, the atmosphere is warm but you can really feel the actual rays? it's been like that every day for the past three days. feels like morning all day....bizzare.

Yeah it's really creepy and post-apocalyptic.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Man, there is a beautiful cool fog this morning at my house. its just so awesome. hopefully this moisture reaches back to where the fires are. we usually don't get fog in my hood, even though its just east of downtown.

• I got lucky nothing to hairy up in my neck of the woods though a lot of fam got evauated. Mother in laws house burned down, and work is shut for the week... Now I wish I had bought them Austin tixs 2 months ago...

• I got lucky nothing to hairy up in my neck of the woods though a lot of fam got evauated. Mother in laws house burned down, and work is shut for the week... Now I wish I had bought them Austin tixs 2 months ago...

The Poways house?????

• shit's terrible. sorry to everyone effected. LA central's all good - but the weather's been maaaaaad eerie. You know when you first go outside at like 8:00 AM in the morn and the sun hits you directly sorta, the atmosphere is warm but you can really feel the actual rays? it's been like that every day for the past three days. feels like morning all day....bizzare.

Yeah it's really creepy and post-apocalyptic.

yes. this is what us natives call EARTHQUAKE WEATHER.

glad everyone is safe and accounted for.

i was in the valley yesterday picking up malasadas at the portuguese bakery. the valley is still mad hazy and theyre running those "things we lost in teh fire" movie billboards all over ventura blvd. its kinda creepy and in poor taste.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Man, there is a beautiful cool fog this morning at my house. its just so awesome. hopefully this moisture reaches back to where the fires are. we usually don't get fog in my hood, even though its just east of downtown.

umm, that's not fog, it's smoke

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    the valley is still mad hazy and theyre running those "things we lost in teh fire" movie billboards all over ventura blvd. its kinda creepy and in poor taste.

• Man, there is a beautiful cool fog this morning at my house. its just so awesome. hopefully this moisture reaches back to where the fires are. we usually don't get fog in my hood, even though its just east of downtown.

Naw there was lots of fog this morning. At least in long beach. Air coming right off the water.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Naw there was lots of fog this morning. At least in long beach. Air coming right off the water.

oh good lord, I know the difference between fog and smoke! If your lazy ass had even been awake at that time maybe you would have seen it too!