are there any pinball machines in your town?

hungovermulattohungovermulatto 168 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
i spent countless hours chasing the silver ball as a kid, and just found this spot that has a bunch of old williams machines...! aside from shorty's in seattle, and a couple spots in pdx, are there any other pin spots around anymore?

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I see them around. Sports bars, little league batting cages and delis here in the valley of Southern California still have the old style pinball machines amonst the Terminator 2 coin ops and air hockey tables.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I love pinball. There's a great place in some small town outside DC I discovered two years ago.

Here in Houston, my neighborhood bar has a number. One of the owners collects them and has about 40. He just rotates them out when he gets tired of playing them.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    On a recent road trip to Arkansas I found one of those old Baseball games where the picther pitches a silver ball that appears from under a flap on the pitchers mound and the batter hits the ball with a wooden bat. If you hit the ball up one of the ramps it goes over the fence for a home run. It was for sale and if I had a way to get it home I would have bought it.....I still may head up that way with a U-Haul and bring that sucker to the house.

• In the East Bay they're around, but here's the spot I hit up in Alameda www.ujuju.com... they have 30 classic machines all set to free play ...

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    For some reason I've recently become addicted to arcade/video games, so I decided to build an arcade machine to play MAME games on. It had to be practical so I hacked an Ikea coffee table to make my own cocktail cabinet.

If you can't find any pinball machines in your area google VPIN or PINMAME and take a look. Not as good as the real thing but really well done, thanks to the nerds making new playfields.

I'd love a pinball machine, but they're quite expensive and need a fair bit of maintenence to keep working well.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Yes. Indeed, tell Hippy or Timmy that Diego sent you.

- spidey

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wish!

The hours spent playing BLACK KNIGHT 2000 were
    some of the very happiest of my life. Any pinball games
    I see around now are new-school terds.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Funnily enough I stumbled across the pinball equivalent of soul strut the other day... it's hillarious, various beefs, name calling and accusations.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I actually own a 1970s pinball machine that I use to play almost everday. Unfortunatley it had a burnout and I've never been able to find someone to fix it.It's sitting in my living room keeping up my old memories.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Two-Bit Score here in Austin has a bunch of old pinball parts. You might try them for what you need.

http://www.twobits.com/

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I don't see em as often as I used to, recently played the Family Guy pinball joint which was kinda cool.....
    but I grew up with this in our house until we sold it when I was about 8 or 9....

• My family owns a pinball machine... Used to play it quite a bit when I was younger but now it just sits in the basement gathering dust. It's this game: