Dr. Shante

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I'm sure alot of folks on here know that Roxanne Shante is a doctor of psychology, but did you guys know that she had her educational costs written into her record contract? She got her masters, PHD, and is now thinking of going to law school and the record label is picking up all the tabs!!!*That's that shit. *as per her interview on Uncle Ralph's "The Bridge" on NYCTV tonight.

Comments

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

NO! That... doesn't.... compute... NOOOOOOOOOO!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Have a nice day.

• I think that's pretty gangster of her to take advantage of that. Would that be a contract with Warner Bros? I'm just trying to figure out who would literally be paying for this in 2007.

• I think that's pretty gangster of her to take advantage of that. Would that be a contract with Warner Bros? I'm just trying to figure out who would literally be paying for this in 2007.

that was my guess, but they didn't go into detail about it. Also, she's had her PhD for a while now. She did make a remark that over the years the label would periodically send her a letter to check up and 'see what she wants to do with herself'.

And the really cool thing is that she is using her degrees to council troubled teens.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    To be honest..... I cant believe that. I dont know exactly about the prices you guys in the US have to pay for education. How much do you think it costs to become a Dr. of psychology ???

I mean what kind of an amount are we talking about ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    To be honest..... I cant believe that. I dont know exactly about the prices you guys in the US have to pay for education. How much do you think it costs to become a Dr. of psychology ???

According to this clip, over $175.000.

Go on girl.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

According to this clip, over $175,000.

Go on girl.

This is probably the best hip hop-related story I have ever heard. Oh my goodness!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    hey, and by the way, Gamble... wasn't that one of my quotes you have for your location??? I vaguely remember that.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

This is probably the best hip hop-related story I have ever heard. Oh my goodness!

Girl has a good head on her shoulders.. cats today need to take notes and quit spending their advances on assault weapons and silencers.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

According to this clip, over $175,000.

Go on girl.

Any act who can take their label for $175,000 almost twenty years after their last hit, never mind a rapper who's a teenage single mother, and turn it into a worthwhile career gets a big fat from me.

• I have never heard this story about Roxanne before. Nice to know that she's doing well...

Dress

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    hey, and by the way, Gamble... wasn't that one of my quotes you have for your location??? I vaguely remember that.

Yes. As i remember it, there was not a big enough response to some tranny related post, and you threatened to quit the strut forever and leave us unappreciative bastards behind.

Hillarious.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is Kane & Kool G. Rap gonna take the Bar exam for her too?