SWIZZ BEATS "ONE MAN BAND"

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
It's been a slow year for hip-hop but I think I love this record- anyone else?I'm not being ironic at all- it's kind of like the long lost Mr. Cheeks record with better beats- and i'm not mad at that.

Comments

• haven't really had a chance to check the whole thing but I like the track that Nottz did on it

• I had higher hopes but I'm still bumpin' it. I think I'm disappointed because it left me wanting more. I guess that's a good thing.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    isn't this the shit t**ya said swizzy says "i wanna fly away on a unicorn" or some shit?

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I had higher hopes but I'm still bumpin' it.

Really? i had NO HOPES for this. Swizz was like the devil to me in 97 (ruff ryder/murder inc/roc-a-fella of this time is the begininnig of the end for my love of hip-hop) - but the beats are dope (Nottz production explains a lot)and surprisingly I dig his voice? Nothing too lyrical here - but it just works.

I haven't bought too much hip-hop this year (devin,kanye,Pharoh er...MIA?) but this ranks.

• I had higher hopes but I'm still bumpin' it.

Really? i had NO HOPES for this. Swizz was like the devil to me in 97 (

I was right there with you. Cheesey presets but the beats still knocked.

He's been solid for a few years now, though. Around the time that Bleek joint came out. That was a beat I would make, with the sample, and the beat. Respect.