Calling all library headz...

TomOTomO 169 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Hey there,Could anybody tell me which original album the track 'Beach Journey' came from, by Alan Hawkshaw?Secondly, I've heard that the DeWolfe 'Rythmes' by Andre Cecarelli (Gang Progress etc) duplicates the tracks on 'CCPP' (Ceccarelli, Chantereau etc) The track names are different (Joris De Lumina, Clavinet Shit etc) so I don't think it's true, but can anybody confirm either way, if you've heard both albums?Peace,Tom

Comments

• Secondly, I've heard that the DeWolfe 'Rythmes' by Andre Cecarelli (Gang Progress etc) duplicates the tracks on 'CCPP' (Ceccarelli, Chantereau etc) The track names are different (Joris De Lumina, Clavinet Shit etc) so I don't think it's true, but can anybody confirm either way, if you've heard both albums?
    Peace,
    Tom

The tracks on Rythmes are a mix of shorter version of some on CCPP and completely other tracks exclusive to Rythmes. For me both are clearly taken from the same session.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Hey, thanks Robert! I'll keep both on my wants list - I've heard some of the tracks from Rythmes and I've heard 'Joris De Lumina' but it sounds like I need to get both!
    Also I'd be very interested if anybody has any background information on the 45rpm:

'If I Could Live Pts 1 & 2' by Rhythm Machine. (EMI France)

Is it a French, Canadian or American band (it's not the Rhythm Machine with the album on Lulu), and does anybody know any names of musicians who played on it? I've got it and it's my favourite French funk record!)
    Peace,
    Tom

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Beach Journey is from a Bruton LP called "Sunny Side Up"

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Cheers Kenny - that's a great help!
    Tom