Fox News on new NAS LP title

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What's to say? FOX eats this stuff up. Going out of their way to pick out particuar lyrics that back their "story". WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!? I agree with the guests that I'm quite sure that, if anyone, Nas has a reason for the proposed title of his project. Doesn't mean that I think it's a good idea, but I'd like to hear what it is before coming to a conclusion.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    working as intended i would say.

too bad hip hop is dead.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    "...such hateful songs as 'Shoot 'Em Up' and 'Hip-Hop Is Dead'..."

So Fox News wasn't too keen on "It Was Written" either, then? As for the second, I'd have thought they'd be poppin' bottles over that.

I love how they equate Nas' appearance at a Virginia Tech memorial show with "glorification" of the murders. Well, it couldn't be anything else, could it? I'm sure everyone who attended was glorifying the killings right along with him.

We actually get Fox News over here via the big cable/digital satellite provider, which is also owned by Murdoch. I went through a period of watching it on a "know your enemy" steez, but I decided my blood pressure was high enough already. This seems fairly typical of the way they'd handle a story like this. Nas' motives for giving his album such a potentially inflammatory title are something I prefer not to speculate upon.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i love how he ends it with something like "there's a lot of people in philadelphia who might have gotten shot by people inspired by those kinds of lyrics, okthankyoueveryonebye!"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i love how he ends it with something like "there's a lot of people in philadelphia who might have gotten shot by people inspired by those kinds of lyrics, okthankyoueveryonebye!"

fox news inspires me to shoot people.

• i love how he ends it with something like "there's a lot of people in philadelphia who might have gotten shot by people inspired by those kinds of lyrics, okthankyoueveryonebye!"

fox news inspires me to shoot people.

No kidding. Shit drives me absolutely crazy. I tried watchin"nt hear dude called "Nazz", though.

• complete bullshit reporting. although it would have been valid to discuss mixed messages from hiphop artists and the fine line between glorification and presentations of "street reality" or whatever the fuck.

dude from allhiphop and that bug lady shoulda jumped down dudes throat...but thats easier for me to say.seemed like he wanted to , but wanted to be polite and maybe couldnt get the words out on the spot.

i got no problem with nas calling the LP the n word. depends on what the content of the record is. i would have been shaking my head if he called it nigga rap or something like that, but N word isan acknowledgement of the taboo nature and controversy around the word and i'm pretty sure he'll be touching on that.

fox is poison

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Fox news is funny. They have it on the TV in the break room and it makes me laugh a lot. It reminds me of the jerry springer show. and their dude anchors look like chicks to me. I remember they were doing some story on a hooters girl and the camera man kept moving the camera to her tits and zooming in. I was dying.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Ah man.. this video was great. I Lol'ed.

- spidey

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Christ, who watches this shit? I love that they're judging something before hearing a single word of the album. Haven't they heard of juxtapozition or irony? Plus, who the fuck are the anchors to act all asshurt? I'm sure they've done plenty for race relations. He should call the album "crackers" or "watching fox news will rot your mind".

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    He should call the album "crackers"

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Not only does the rapper known as Nas not have an album called "Nigga" coming out in December, as he told a concert crowd on Friday, but he apparently has no album coming out in December at all.

"There is no album release by Nas on the release schedule at this point," a source close to Island Def Jam Music Group chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid told FOXNews.com.

"And they would be unlikely to release an album with that title. How would that look at Wal-Mart?"

yeah, what does wal-mart have to say about all this?

still

nas > most rappers

• Who's that new harpy they having co-anchoring the show? Someone sew her lips shut.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Who's that new harpy they having co-anchoring the show? Someone sew her lips shut.

but then you would miss out on her raps

"i'm the n with the glocks and the pumps
    sucker free from chumps"

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Since I can't see youttube atw rok, would someone mind telling me what the name of the album is?

is it "The N word" or is actually just "the N word"?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    sucker free from chumps"

yo!?!?!?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Its just the N word.... by itself.
    I like how they picked all his lyrics about guns and shooting and made nas come off all gangsta. It just makes you want to slap those two news people.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    sucker free from chumps"

yo!?!?!?

That really needs to be sampled and put under a beat. Yes, I said under.

May I add:

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

May I add:

I was looking for that graemlin earlier.
    So appropriate.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Haven't they heard of juxtapozition or irony?

Have you ever seen Fox News? They're not big in the humor department (unless you view the whole thing as an elaborate joke, which is a fun way to watch it). Certainly not intentional humor, anyway.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I cant beleive Im letting those morons get my blood boiling. "I thought a memo went out..."

What, rappers (black people?) ar esome borg blindly following sharpton an djackson? Plus the way they skewed everything - geesus. If it were an isolated incident, i would be cool with it, but knowing that these same motherfuckers are skewing much more important things everyday and feeding down gullible peoples throats kills me. Its amazing to me how yellow journalism has become.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    working as intended i would say.

Exactly.

Didn't dude win some big award for that irritating I Know I Can song?? They really weren't holding back on the bullshit factor in this one.....

when the words popped up on screen during the concert footage.....wow. Fox News. Bravo.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Thank God for White people saving Black folks from their base instincts. Just think: we'd still be fighting the Civil War and have slaves if it wasn't for White Men stopping the whole problem.

File under:
    Sharpton, Fox News Appeals to

• "Rule which car heart" -?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    "Rule which car heart" -?
    That was probably the funniest part of that clip!