THE GLUE TRICK

2»

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I also wonder what, if any kind of residue is being left on records by using glue. And does that in turn affect play?

let the glue dry fully, and it will all come up easy. And it is important to put A LOT of glue on it (maybe two applications). It is hard to peel off a thin layer.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Post deleted by Danno3000

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm currently working on a product that is pretty similar in concept.

It's a rubberized polymer that you would pour on to oil stains on concrete and once it dries, you would pull it up in one piece along with the oil stain.

The problem is finding molecules small enough to penetrate below the surface of the concrete yet strong enough to be peeled up.

We're now looking at "nano-technology" to acheive this goal.

I'm gonna take some dirty, worthless 45's and see what it does.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I'm currently working on a product that is pretty similar in concept.

It's a rubberized polymer that you would pour on to oil stains on concrete and once it dries, you would pull it up in one piece along with the oil stain.

The problem is finding molecules small enough to penetrate below the surface of the concrete yet strong enough to be peeled up.

We're now looking at "nano-technology" to acheive this goal.

I'm gonna take some dirty, worthless 45's and see what it does.

Prediction: You'll put the needle on and hear the b-side backwards.

WHAT RECORD PAYCHECKS???

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

If you do the glue trick with a clean styrene 45, you can actually play the dried glue! And yes, the music will be backwards.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If you do the glue trick with a clean styrene 45, you can actually play the dried glue! And yes, the music will be backwards.

Flip-Hop

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

...then you make a glue mold of your glue, and voila! a bootleg. (or a 'glutleg')

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

...then you make a glue mold of your glue, and voila! a bootleg. (or a 'glutleg')