Portables?...

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
What kind do your recommend?... I want one for if I ever do go digging again also for the living room...Is there one that can provide compactability and still have some what good quality sound?..

Comments

• sound burger for overall sound and portablity

Columbia for headphone sonic maximumization, battery life and all-around ruggedness.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    The ION with usb sucks! Brought it back to the store...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I really like the GP-3 because it's smaller than the rest. The Vestax and Numark models have nothing on it.

AlGarth showed me some Panasonic portables in the San Diego Record Show Thread that are

• Columbia for headphone sonic maximumization, battery life and all-around ruggedness.

I second this - I bought my GP-3 in '91, maybe '92, and the same batteries I started with just died on me a few days ago!! It's been shoved, dropped, and kicked (but not dropkicked) and held up fine so far.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Columbia for headphone sonic maximumization, battery life and all-around ruggedness.

I second this - I bought my GP-3 in '91, maybe '92, and the same batteries I started with just died on me a few days ago!! It's been shoved, dropped, and kicked (but not dropkicked) and held up fine so far.

mine worked for about a year and now i get no sound. its spins and all that, just no sound....

• Columbia for headphone sonic maximumization, battery life and all-around ruggedness.

where would one purchase.. I looked on ebay and nothing...

thanks

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

where would one purchase.. I looked on ebay and nothing...

thanks

This was asked awhile back and no one could get an answer other than that apparently they are still sold in Japan.

I got mine on a lucky $35 eBay buy-it-now.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts