Moodymann's FIRST Interview...

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I know there's some Moodymann fans on the Strut (that record day thread kinda went off). Although I'm not really familar with much of his music I thought I'd post this because I found it interesting. He's a massively prolific producer/musician, and seems like a well grounded person to boot. His attitude towards music and DJing is refreshing.Can't believe this is his first interview. Gilles Peterson on BBC Radio One... Enjoy!

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Gotta say, I'm a little surprised at the on this one.

• Really good interview. I've heard his live shows are really bizarro and freaky, but he just sounds like a humble, cool cat here with GP. Kind of funny imagining him rockin' roller skates on stage, tho. I also found this show on mp3 for download here:

http://mixesdb.com/db/index.php/Special:Search?search=moodymann&go=Go

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

It was posted in a bump of the Record Day Moodymann thread a couple of days ago. I haven't had time to hear it all the way through yet. I had to cut it short in the middle of the interview last time I sat down to listen to it. I'm trying to find some way to rip that goddamn realplayer crap so I don't have to stress over it before it gets replaced with the next show. Anyone with tips for a Mac user speak up!

I gotta say Kenny Dixon Jr. sounded real cool in that interview. I like his style.
    Down to earth, music first, no media B.S.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This interview was a joy to listen to. Got me inspired to go straight home and work on some music tonight, with no boundaries. KDJ is just as hommie in person. I mentioned this in another thread, but those BBQs are no joke. At a gig he did during DEMF weekend w/ Larry Heard, his pops was outside flippin' cheap burgers and dogs for the peoples in a little courtyard area.

I missed the roller skating party last year, but next May, I'm making it out to the rink (no ice-related).

And that Andres track he played is

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I actually saw this post last night, went to page 2 this morning and saw that it was an audio thing and mentally bookmarked to check later tonight.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I missed the roller skating party last year, but next May, I'm making it out to the rink (no ice-related).

That was pretty funny, Gilles is from the roller boogie scene!

Sorry about the re-postage, I'm usually good like that.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    This interview was a joy to listen to. Got me inspired to go straight home and work on some music tonight, with no boundaries. KDJ is just as hommie in person. I mentioned this in another thread, but those BBQs are no joke. At a gig he did during DEMF weekend w/ Larry Heard, his pops was outside flippin' cheap burgers and dogs for the peoples in a little courtyard area.

And that Andres track he played is

MM always raises my spirits.

i like your avatar Dr*wni*e

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    btw...
    to me, good house music is at a slow BPM like he uses...

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

It was posted in a bump of the Record Day Moodymann thread a couple of days ago. I haven't had time to hear it all the way through yet. I had to cut it short in the middle of the interview last time I sat down to listen to it. I'm trying to find some way to rip that goddamn realplayer crap so I don't have to stress over it before it gets replaced with the next show. Anyone with tips for a Mac user speak up!

I gotta say Kenny Dixon Jr. sounded real cool in that interview. I like his style.
    Down to earth, music first, no media B.S.

If you want, I can upload an mp3 of the show?

Yeah he's just a real cool guy, very friendly and down to earth.