THE SAGA KNOWN AS HARD CRACK CANDY

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited October 2007 in Announcements
caveat: Hard Crack is the confectionary term for the temperature at which sugar crystallizes into ???rock candy??? form. Since the beginning of time, crooners, spitterz, and songsterz have all been talking about candy. From Billie Holiday to E-40, they have all used that sweet substance in its various forms as a means to implicitly speak of sexual exploits, the drug trade, and material goodies. Across all genres, ???CANDY??? has been one of the most prevalent metaphors throughout music history. Hard Crack Candy 2 is the second installment in this sweet tooth saga which takes you further down the funnel cake into a world of treats, with appearances from Keak Da Sneak, Billy Ocean, Ike Turner, The Fat Boys, Augustus Gloop, R.Kelly, Lionel Richie, and many many more. Hard Crack Candy 2 is the product of 78 hours of mixing and arranging nothing but the freshest sugar sprinkled tracks from an assortment of genres. The result is a cinematic music experience unlike anything your ears have ever encountered. The contents of this project may result in cavities and subsequent trips to the dentist???s office. Conceptualized by J.NougatMixed, Arranged, and Produced by DJ Morse Code ???We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of the dream.??? ??? Willy Wonka Sincerely,J.Nougat p.s. Free Messy Marvnow taking pre-orders on paypal:$7 sent to [email]djmorsecode@gmail.com[/email]check the snippets:hcc snippet 1.mp3 - 3.83MBhcc snippet 2.mp3 - 7.56MBhcc snippet 3.mp3 - 4.20MBand Candy remix featured on HCC 2 unmixed version for Microwave:candy morse code candy girl rmx.mp3 - 9.38MBalso re-stocking this for those who might of slept and slangin it for super cheap, $3 a pop paypal to [email]djmorsecode@gmail.com[/email]make sure to add hard crack candy as a friend:http://myspace.com/hardcrackcandyAND OH YEAH.....HARD CRACK CANDY 2 RELEASE PARTY OCT. 26TH @ MILK HALLOWEEN WEEEKEND WITH SPECIAL GUESTS DJ AYRES AND MIKE THE 2600 KING.[/b]

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    First of all...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also...

Hard Crack Candy 2 is the product of 78 hours[/b] of mixing and arranging nothing but the freshest sugar sprinkled tracks from an assortment of genres.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Plaese to describe the disco song in this blend?

I gotta get my financials together, but I'll be sending my pre-order duckets shortly.

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

J Nougat and a Notepad
    Morse Code and a Thinkpad

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I want one, Nat.

• People. This mix is SERIOUS. The party is gonna be off the chocolate chandelier.

Can't wait to come rock with Morse Code & Urrrs and party with all the Strutters and other out-of-town peoples.

Non-SF Hard Crack partygoer roll call thus far:
    Mr. Jeigh (rubbishvisual)
    Doug Surreal
    Bitch Ass Darius
    Hotsauce Herm

• Damn, if only I had gotten those "Chocolate Jam" 12"s out to Chris a few weeks earlier!

Nice one, Nat & crew...

• I listen to more mixes than almost anyone I know. I buy a few and am given many more. I rarely listen to any of them more than once because they don't merit multiple listens ("Non-concpetual, non-exceptional." - Orenthal Credle, 1993). People either manage to find 40 songs I don't like in genres that I typically love, or they try too hard to cram many styles into one mix, with the end result being that nothing stands out or really fits. There is no conceptual arc; there is no flow. A good mix should be like a good gumbo. By way of Cajun Culinary Clarification, I'd like to point out that, despite what certain non-coonasses might have one believe, a gumbo is not a pot into which you throw everything. It is made up of a small number of key ingredients that give it its characteristic depth and flavor. A few other items can be added to further define it???chicken, crawfish, crab or shrimp, for example???and???this is important???technique and execution are crucial.

With that in mind, there is no reason why anyone should be able to make a mix CD with a goddamned candy theme and have the end result approach anything remotely listenable. It would be even more ridiculous to be lucky enough to pull off said theme once, and then have the audacity???the gall???to attempt a second volume. But karn sarn it, Messers Morse and Nougat did just that.

I've had a copy of this mix for several months now (file under Bay Luv like Ray Luv) and I have listened to it many, many times. It doesn't sound like it's "all over the place," yet it sort of is. From modern soul to mainey slaps and 12-bar blues to b-more club, it all fits together seamlessly. This is the mix you wish you'd made.

You'll wonder where they found this shit. You'll dance. You'll laugh. You'll listen again and again. And you'll crave candy (as well as a third volume).

Now go buy two copies???one for yourself and one for somebody you wanna impress.

Lookin' for a Hostess,
    Ross Hogg

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    thanks everyone! And Ross...um...seriously...WOW. Expect a call from me shortly hommie.

Just wanted to let you know people. IT'S NOT A GAME!!!

and yall should know, all visuals are courtesy of Mike the muthafuckin 2600 KING.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I am Frickin' there... looks solid homie. Costume party, eh? So I can test out my douchebag costume at Milk. Excellent

• sergserg 682 Posts
    jesus if this party is anything like the last one then my brain is going to explode

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i'm excited

• hell the f yes.

i missed the last one so i'm extra piggity pumped for round two!

• will be in effect.

GET HYPED PEOPLE!!!

ALSO:

GOT THAT PRODUCT!

Thanks to all who ordered, your CD's are going out today and tomorrow.

All the best from Morse Code and J.Nougat

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    rolling thru after the tracy morgan show.

rocket
    i'm taking a rocket

• sergserg 682 Posts

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Stoked for tonight, but how strict is the costume rule? I have a dinner meeting in the city before the show and can't exactly show up like a douchebag

• DONE AND PURCHASED

oh fuck! it's a costume party? i'm in trouble

SHOW UP IN COSTUME OR YOU'RE SOFT

or at least do it so I don't feel like an idiot

• SHOW UP IN COSTUME OR YOU'RE SOFT

STOP SOULSTRUTTING AND COME PICK US UP. WE HUNGRY FOR BREFFIST.

SHOW UP IN COSTUME OR YOU'RE SOFT

i don't have time to put anything together! maybe i should just go as a giant $500 Macys gift card

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Everyone will be too young to get it, but I might be...

• I'll see you there tonight...

• I just ran into Mr. Jeigh on Haight Street (he's now bound for Groove Merchant).

• I'll see you there tonight...

costume party?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    shit was on smash

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts