KUSF this Sunday (10/14)!!!!

kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
edited October 2007 in Announcements
Totally forgot to plug this here but the KUSF Rock n' Swap starts less than 7 hours from now (for early birds). Go to kusf.org if you need directions or more specifics. This is the first show in a while so it could be good. I'll be selling, not sure who else from the Soulstrut fam will have a table.

Comments

• How was it?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    How was it?

Wondering this as well, I didn't have time to make it up.

• Eh, pretty weak. You guys probably didn't miss that much. When's that Santa Cruz show again? Put me down for a table.

• Wait, wtf? How did Spelunk get more posts than me? Damn homie, you're prolific. I've been around here for years now.

Wait, wtf? How did Spelunk get more posts than me? Damn homie, you're prolific. I've been around here for years now.

Haha, it's cause I've got a job on campus where I do nothing and sit in front of a computer.

The Santa Cruz show is on November 10th, starts at 10 AM, so you have time to make the drive and not wake up hideously early. Official details will be coming on Tuesday, I'll let you guys know who else is coming, and flyering will commence around town.

Oh yeah, and I made sure to tell our staff that the one shady seller from last year is not invited.

• Oh yeah, and I made sure to tell our staff that the one shady seller from last year is not invited.

Details please. This sounds like fun record show gossip. PM if necessary.

Oh yeah, and I made sure to tell our staff that the one shady seller from last year is not invited.

I was about to use the PM function, which I know to be my friend, but dude is shady and I feel fine putting him on blast, though I doubt he'd ever see this.

Basically this one seller, whose name escapes me at the moment, but looks like Keb Darge with a goatee, bought a huge pile of LPs from a seller from San Luis Obispo, who was selling heat for dirt cheap, and sold them at his table for more. I mean that shit does happen, and isn't a big deal if it's just a few records or if you sell them another day, but dude took a ton of heat and pulled an instant grip-n-flip.

The worst part was that the guy from SLO was a really nice guy and had good stuff. I'm hoping he comes up again.

I think S*th caught more of the action than I did, having the more experienced eyes. (Thinking back to how little I knew a year ago *shudder*)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    That's What's Up'

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

I was about to use the PM function, which I know to be my friend, but dude is shady and I feel fine putting him on blast, though I doubt he'd ever see this.

Basically this one seller, whose name escapes me at the moment, but looks like Keb Darge with a goatee, bought a huge pile of LPs from a seller from San Luis Obispo, who was selling heat for dirt cheap, and sold them at his table for more. I mean that shit does happen, and isn't a big deal if it's just a few records or if you sell them another day, but dude took a ton of heat and pulled an instant grip-n-flip.

The worst part was that the guy from SLO was a really nice guy and had good stuff. I'm hoping he comes up again.

I think S*th caught more of the action than I did, having the more experienced eyes. (Thinking back to how little I knew a year ago *shudder*)

jesse, you know who that is right? he was the topic of the day on sunday. it's the one and only butt crack showin, elbow throwin, no shower goin, nothing about music knowin, clueless l***y!

the show was cool for me. got some good records to flip, got some good trades, and three dealers (ray, mike vague, arjuno) showed mad love and hooked up some dope records for free!