Phonte Leaks New Little Brother Himself

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1423824&mesg_id=1423824&page=Pretty ballsy move. Wonder what the label thinks. I'm guessing Tay heard about the lack of promotion this album will get, and said fuck it.

Comments

• or he read this weeks rolling stone that gave it 2 1/2 stars and said fuck it

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The link doesn't have an MP3, it has a GIF (of a leaky faucet.)

And shit, why do I Frickin' HATE to read Okay Player so much? Worst boards ever.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im just mad i wasted some of my fading oink ratio, when i could of got it from the man himself.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    The link doesn't have an MP3, it has a GIF (of a leaky faucet.)

And shit, why do I Frickin' HATE to read Okay Player so much? Worst boards ever.

hhahaha!
    shit. i didnt even check it.

• Did this drop!!?? I've been hearing "Good Clothes" a little bit on the radio.

I'm actually interested because this is probally going to be the album that makes or breaks them, plus Phonte said this is the album where they are going to rap about being who they are as opposed to the rappers they aren't (deading the whole Y'ALL DUDES IS WACK BLAH BLAH BLAH) and the production is going to be a lot more dynamic and diverse.

LOOKING FORWARD TO FAUX'S SNARKEY COMMENT

• i read some of the responses to his post..and it appears he did post it up originally and then must have changed it later. Ive never heard a LB(or related) album.

• Haha, i thought he might be behind this after i got it this morning because in the "genre" section in iTunes it said something like "Don't Say I Don't Do Nothing For Y'all! Enjoy!" but figured it was just some ripper playing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    dynamic and diverse

Do you type things like this with a straight face?

• dynamic and diverse

Do you type things like this with a straight face?

I forgot to use quotes.

b/w

Like Clockwork

b/w

YOU STALKING ME SON.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I Frickin' HATE to read Okay Player. Worst boards ever.

Pretty much. I am real excited for this album.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I cant believe people are still checking for LB since 9th Wonder left them.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

This assumes that 9th Wonder was the reason people dug them in the first place, which for me, isn't true at all.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

This assumes that 9th Wonder was the reason people dug them in the first place, which for me, isn't true at all.

You are a anomaly.

• I cant believe people are still checking for LB since 9th Wonder left them.

I'd say they have better producers with 9th gone (who happens to have the worst beat on this album). I think Illmind is infinitely more talented, as well as Nottz, Denaun Porter etc...

9th's style can get real stale, definitely not as versatile as the guys above and his beats don't sound as well produced...

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    9th's style can get real stale

For sure. When LB first came up his style was a breath of fresh air compared to all the other indy cats. But he never changed his sound and it got old pretty quickly. He really likes those two snares he uses.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    9th's style can get real stale

For sure. When LB first came up his style was a breath of fresh air compared to all the other indy cats. But he never changed his sound and it got old pretty quickly. He really likes those two snares he uses.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    What are y'all talking about?
    9th drum patterns & sequences are loose and never quantized.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    '

His drum programming, bassline patterns, and melodies get very predictable after 12-songs or so. He needs some breaks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

'

His drum programming, bassline patterns, and melodies get very predictable after 12-songs or so. He needs some breaks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Yeah I know, just being sarcastic.

'

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

When are you coming back up north, bro? NY, right?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

'

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

When are you coming back up north, bro? NY, right?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    NYC metro area. I'm headed to NJ next Saturday.

Cool, mane!!! Nice to have you back in the Big East. Once I can put my roots down, crib-wise, we could get up and quest for vinyls. Have a safe trip, broham!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak