First rain of the year appreciation

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Cold outside, warm in my office, hot coffee. Life is good.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I know that place! Stop making me miss it, even if I'm not very far away.

Here in Santa Cruz, it's a tradition that the first time it rains for 20+ minutes after 8 PM on a weekday, a grip of people (I'd say at least 200) run naked across campus, through dorms, academic buildings, etc.

I'm making myself some tea.

• Still close to or higher than 90 everyday down here. It kinda sucks. I'm ready for Fall-ish weather.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Dang, you work in the WF building in B-town? I knew I recognized the place, but the perspective threw me.

The rain it great right now, especially since I am home sick with the flu. I think I'm a bit delayed in accepting the rain though, my hammock is still up in the backyard and getting totally soaked.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i love rainy days, especially with stereolab in the headphones. but i always forget that the intersection corner where my coffee place is near my work always has a huge flood puddle where the crosswalk starts. it's almost a foot deep and it sucks because i have to do a short running jump over it but i have to down about 1/3 of my coffee so it doesn't spill all over me before i leap. i cannot for the life of me remember to avoid that side of the street on a rainy day, but i'm not the only one. i see people jumping over it all the time. business professional financial district types. i'm surprised i haven't seen anyone scrub, dress shoes are mad slippery. it's kind of hilarious. everyone's too much in a hurry (or in my case lazy) to walk back to the other end of the block to cross.

i wish i had my camera on me today.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Dang, you work in the WF building in B-town? I knew I recognized the place, but the perspective threw me.

I DJed a couple of bandito-style rooftop parties on that building a couple years ago. That shit was really fun--and dude who schemed up the whole thing was real clever with it.

This rain is nice. Even nicer? Not having to commute in it.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I DJed a couple of bandito-style rooftop parties on that building a couple years ago. That shit was really fun--and dude who schemed up the whole thing was real clever with it.

This rain is nice. Even nicer? Not having to commute in it.

I've only been on-top once for July 4th fireworks. I thought I was being really clever only to run into a gang of ACLU kids drinking wine.

Whoa, had no clue that could happen.

That picture really has me nostalgic for no good reason. There's something magical about Bay Area rain.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    its been rainin' here (seattle) since august.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Whoa, had no clue that could happen.

I didn't either until I was actually there and DJing. And because it's like 14 stories up, we could play the music crazy loud, and nobody on the street would notice.

• Rain? What is rain? I wish we could see some around here.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Even nicer? Not having to commute in it.

Oh man... that is huge! I used to absolutely dread the rain because it would double my commute from one hour to two hours. It still doubles my commute, but from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. That's more manageable.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Appreciated! Definitely a good day to take the train and not 101.

DjArcadian's view is a little nicer than mine, though.

Rainy Day in Mission Bay

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Downside of the rain.

Never knew there was a leak in the garage

records are ok.(wheh!!!)

Production equiptment,Turntables,Mixers..soaked!!

Damn.

Just went outside and saw it

Not very happy about it.

Just gonna let it dry for awhile, before I turn ANYTHING on again.
    Good thing about most circut boards are liquid processed, so I feel safe, but
    Really not looking forward to turning all that stuff on.

I love the rain..But this sucks.

• Downside of the rain.

records are ok.(wheh!!!)

Damn.

Not very happy about.

ouch. sorry man, that sucks.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Thanks homie.

I've always heard these horror stories about shit like this.I am now a contributor to this.

Fun Times:)

Downside of the rain.

records are ok.(wheh!!!)

Damn.

Not very happy about it.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that man. I'm sure you know what you're doing, but damn, be careful.

• It's supposed to rain tonight in LA too. I love it when it does because the skies are so much clearer the next day. Being able to clearly see all of the hills and mountains is

• Downside of the rain.

records are ok.(wheh!!!)

Damn.

Not very happy about.

ouch. sorry man, that sucks.

damn that sucks. if you need a backup mixer, HOLLER.

I like the rain, except when I have to walk across campus and even I'm a little too shook to be caught rocking an umbrella.

It's supposed to rain tonight in LA too. I love it when it does because the skies are so much clearer the next day. Being able to clearly see all of the hills and mountains is

Yes. I think tomorrow I'll be scouting SF with my Nikon.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    the born in seattle part of me loves rain.
    the childhood in the mid-west part of me loves thunderstorms!
    it was 92 on saturday and not even 50 today here in mpls.
    i get depressed from too much sun.
    give me that drizzle for a few days and i'm happy again.

• The rain + the heater on + listening to Leroy Hutson's "Love oh Love" =

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i like the rain. it gives the south bay a semblance of seasons however i do not like drivers who think its wise to continue to drive at high speeds, cut in and out of traffic etc. those people are not jeff gordon/mario andretti and are f*cking up road conditions for those of us who travel at safe speeds.

be safe, stay warm.
    -rich

i like the rain. it gives the south bay a semblance of seasons however i do not like drivers who think its wise to continue to drive at high speeds, cut in and out of traffic etc. those people are not jeff gordon/mario andretti and are f*cking up road conditions for those of us who travel at safe speeds.

be safe, stay warm.
    -rich

Sunshine is for motorcycles.
    Rain is for BART.

• i like the rain. it gives the south bay a semblance of seasons however i do not like drivers who think its wise to continue to drive at high speeds, cut in and out of traffic etc. those people are not jeff gordon/mario andretti and are f*cking up road conditions for those of us who travel at safe speeds.

be safe, stay warm.
    -rich

Sunshine is for motorcycles.
    Rain is for BART.

But all i have is a motorcycle

screw the rain, it's still supposed a dry ass winter again in cali.