ipod cases made from records

knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
these look pretty cool... Forget the colored plastics, furry fabrics, and generic designs of typical, mass-produced iPod cases. Contexture Designs offers a much more unique option for protecting your coveted player (and expressing your musical tastes). Made to fit iPods ranging from 20GB to 80GB (sorry, no Nanos), the company's "45" cases are custom-built from reclaimed 45 rpm records. Like Tom Green? Banarama? Dionne Warwick? No problem. You choose your favorite piece of vinyl from Contexture's collection (updated every Friday), and they'll build a one-of-a-kind, retro-looking case out of it for you. Coincidentally, the center hole on a 7-inch record is the exact same size as the iPod's click-wheel; Contexture also adds secondary openings on the case for the iPod's charging and headphone jacks. Other than the thermoformed record, 45 cases feature an inner felt padding (made of 40-percent-recycled fibers), cork, and a plexiglass window that fits over your iPod screen. You can order yours today for...you guessed it...$45. If you're willing to work off a few bucks, Contexture is offering a $5 rebate in exchange for participation in a street-level marketing campaign. See their Web site for more details.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    too bad they are for ipods from last century. i think they came with a built in sundial.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Like Tom Green?

where can i get the bum-bum song on 45?

• these look pretty cool...

Coincidentally, the center hole on a 7-inch record is the exact same size as the iPod's click-wheel;

never noticed that... kinda spooky.

• this is sad, like the iPod is reaching into the recesses of its past collective experience to re-connect with it's "roots." like a poodle rocking a wolfskin shawl.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    seems ok if the poodle killed that shit (which i think could happen, given the state of the world)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    seems ok if the poodle killed that shit (which i think could happen, given the state of the world)

LOL the poodle done murdered that shit!!!