New York Mixtape Dudes

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
PapooseRed CafeJoell OrtizGrafhDoes anybody actually like this bullschitt?Seriously.

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    for me,joel ortiz comes closest to being listenable offa that list.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    for me,joel ortiz comes closest to being listenable offa that list.

He's not grating like Papoose or Red Cafe; he's just boring.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    papoose is the only one ive heard. Not a fan. Just some ol' over hyped bullshit to me.

And what happened to his $1.5 million dollar deal with Jive? Didn't he get dropped or released from his contract before his album dropped?

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    papoose is the only one ive heard.

same. i haven't paid attention to the ny mixtape game since the shady/g-unit/evil genious era.

then again most mixtapes don't get much exposure/marketing out west. you pretty much gotta hunt for them via the internet/specialty music shops. west coast heads, am i wrong?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    How's the DJ Envy tape? I like that beat on that "Dolla Bill" track with Red Cafe. "Things You Do" beat with Nina Sky is OK, even though those girls can't sang.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    All I know is that I heard "BARACK O DRAMA!!!" over the speakers at a shoe store out there and chuckled a little.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    New York mixtapes are WACK now. 80s and 90s shit was still dope.

Doo Wop and The Bounce Squad

IROC

S&S

Tony Touch

Primo

Kid Capri

Tapes were dope when they were still "tapes."

• Thanks for that docu..bout to watch that shit. Anyone hear that track Doo Woo just put out talking bout how lame these mixtape DJs are now. Nothing groundbreaking..but had some funny lines in there..talking about dumb djs giving shout outs during the verse and chasing rappers around with recorders for drops. Probably on dudes MySpace I would imagine..I know he posted it up on a mixtape message board a few weeks ago.

• Options
    Thanks for that docu..bout to watch that shit. Anyone hear that track Doo Woo just put out talking bout how lame these mixtape DJs are now. Nothing groundbreaking..but had some funny lines in there..talking about dumb djs giving shout outs during the verse and chasing rappers around with recorders for drops. Probably on dudes MySpace I would imagine..I know he posted it up on a mixtape message board a few weeks ago.

Remember his "10 Tape Commandments" white label, done over Biggie's 10 Crack Commandments beat? I can't even remember if I own that or not.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    However: everyone that hasn't checked Uncle Murder's tapes with Green Lantern should do so.

• Yeah, Doo Wop has always put out dope shit, imo...

and I havent heard any Uncle Murder stuff, I guess I should be the Green Lantern joints to see what I am missing.

• Oh, and also..Doo Wop is going to be dropping his anthology soon w/ all his classic tapes. SO CRUCIAL!

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I like that beat on that "Dolla Bill" track with Red Cafe.

Me too- i was actually thinking this record might be good- no?

• Oh, and also..Doo Wop is going to be dropping his anthology soon w/ all his classic tapes. SO CRUCIAL!

That sounds...