edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
i know i'm gonna sound like a total herb but this is my earliest nba memory. i love maria forde31 years

Comments

• You know 1987 was the year that Topps woodgrained its cards.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I was only 4 years old, but I remember when dudes used to dress like this.

- spidey

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    40 oz!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i was 20.

damn i suck at math? i familiar with 1981 but only from the highlight reel

guess i'm a bjorn again

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    1987 - This man was running things.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You know 1987 was the year that Topps woodgrained its cards.

Which of course is a remix of the 62 Topps set.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Mom and dad doing the Kid N' Play is ruling!

....or is that Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepard?

The Hanson Bros. avatar is also smashing Edith!
    Good looks I love this gals stuff.

• Mom and dad doing the Kid N' Play is ruling!

That's the Fresh Prince + Jazz handshake, not the Kid 'N Play!

• Yeah, basketball was at it's peak in '87! Bird & Magic and the 1987 Indiana National Championship against Syracuse! Keith Smart on the basline with time winding down...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Ozzie Smith was my dude back in 1987. Seeing baseball players who could flip was pretty impressive for a 9yr old.

• Acid washed jeans with the leather patches
    Sporting the white Diadora with the Fila that matches....

• Ozzie Smith was my dude back in 1987. Seeing baseball players who could flip was pretty impressive for a 9yr old.

Even though I wasnt a Cardinals fan, Ozzie was definately cool as hell back then doing the flips and shit. Damn, I miss sports as a child. I just dont get into now the way I did back then. I used to LOVE watching any sport..as well as playing. I just lost interest in my early 20's. The everyday basketball playing is a faded memory for me..and I hate that. I need to get off my ass and go play.

Mom and dad doing the Kid N' Play is ruling!

That's the Fresh Prince + Jazz handshake, not the Kid 'N Play!

Never watched that stupid ass show, but thinking back you're right
    that Kid N' Play dance did not include this move.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

i know i'm gonna sound like a total herb but this is my earliest nba memory.

i love maria forde

31 years

man these are really great! i love the sports angle...

• That's the Fresh Prince + Jazz handshake, not the Kid 'N Play!

Never watched that stupid ass show,
    I watched it last night before I went to sleep.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I got to see Magic and Bird play each other at The Forum...but it was 1985.

• Options

$.40 a pack, we used to grub quarters at lunch so we could go to the gas station and buy the whole box of packs a couple times a week. I got '87s for daaaaays, jeez.

Did you open those packs you found recently? I think I still got some unopened stuff at the parents house, might be football cards though.

nahnahnah '87...that was my favorite shit. Whats up wahkill.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

$.40 a pack, we used to grub quarters at lunch so we could go to the gas station and buy the whole box of packs a couple times a week. I got '87s for daaaaays, jeez.

Did you open those packs you found recently? I think I still got some unopened stuff at the parents house, might be football cards though.

nahnahnah '87...that was my favorite shit. Whats up wahkill.

Y'all don't even want to know how many of these I'm still holding...

• I started opening some shit. In the first 5-10 packs I found the McGwire Olympics card. I was amped. Found a Ken Griffey Jr rookie, some other nice ones like Cal Ripkin and shit. Hoping to find a Clemens rookie.

It's too bad none of these are worth anything anymore. And I got to get them graded? Man, this shit's worse than records!

• Options
    I started opening some shit. In the first 5-10 packs I found the McGwire Olympics card. I was amped. Found a Ken Griffey Jr rookie, some other nice ones like Cal Ripkin and shit. Hoping to find a Clemens rookie.

It's too bad none of these are worth anything anymore. And I got to get them graded? Man, this shit's worse than records!

I know, I got a load of Barry Sanders rookies and learned about the grading thing when I looked them up on ebay. Pain in the ass.

We used to play blackjack with '87s-'89s as currency. Dude's would get into fights over whether Jody Reed was worth more than Joey Cora.

• i know i'm gonna sound like a total herb but this is my earliest nba memory.

i love maria forde

31 years

is it me or does Bird dwarf MJ here...thought they were both bout 6'9" or so...Magic & the Lakers were my team...used to watch KTLA in El Paso w Chick Hearns doin the play by play religously.....

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

i love maria forde

31 years

Are they holding hands?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i like The Great Flood of 1993 one a lot.

somewhat related, PBS asked my friend to do a collage representing 1992 for POV's "49 Up"

windsor castle on fire
    madonna "sex" book
    dream team
    bosnian prisoner of war
    wayne's world
    diana's biography
    absolutely fabulous
    bill clinton playing the sax
    reservoir dogs
    johnny carson
    hurricane andrew
    la riots

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    We never got the NBA regularly on TV in the UK until maybe 10 years ago? But they did show the final playoff games and these are the first guys I remember watching play. Before that, we just used to see huge lists of alien names in Marvel Comics adverts for basketball posters.

There were no "Dominique's" in Widnes.

And we always wondered what "Sea Monkeys" actually looked liked. And what Slim Jims tasted like.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    We never got the NBA regularly on TV in the UK until maybe 10 years ago? But they did show the final playoff games and these are the first guys I remember watching play. Before that, we just used to see huge lists of alien names in Marvel Comics adverts for basketball posters.

There were no "Dominique's" in Widnes.

And we always wondered what "Sea Monkeys" actually looked liked. And what Slim Jims tasted like.

and whether you could see human skeletons and read poker hands when wearing x-ray glasses