Name some magazines worth subscibing to

2»

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I love Wire[/b] (NOT Wired) -- UK experimental music mag. Subscription cost doesn't save you much off cover price, but I like knowing I'm going to get a copy as it's hard to find around here.

For film, I like Film Comment[/b] best -- has an artier focus than Sight and Sound, but doesn't overlook the mainstream, either. The interviews in Cineaste[/b] make it worthwhile, too, and while others might not I appreciate their leftist political bias.

And don't overlook the cool free mags:
    Arthur[/b] and
    ANP Quarterly[/b]
    http://www.rvcaanp.com/

both free in-store, but also offer subscriptions for $$$

• I thought "Arthur" was no more?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My favorite music mag of all time is/was "Kicks".....R.I.P.

I thought "Arthur" was no more?

They just had a pretty cool comedback issue after several months of silence.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    KING
    New York
    Gourmet
    Food & Wine
    SOLE
    SneakerFreaker
    ArtForum

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    KING

The writing can be surprisingly good--people (especially female people) always laugh when I try to tell them.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Sight and Sound
    Cineaste

Frieze

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    KING

The writing can be surprisingly good--people (especially female people) always laugh when I try to tell them.

zacktly.....even though the writings the icing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    KING

zacktly.....even though the writings the icing.

Well, as far as the other thing, I feel that KING relies too heavily on celebrities.

Sight and Sound
    Cineaste

Frieze

??

• The Wire (great british music mag). I remember subscribing to Complex in high school. Ewww, whata geek