Guitar center performance guarantee b/w headphones

YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I got some technics headphones a year ago...Bought the $20 24 month replacment deal under the assumption that I could just have em replaced if they broke...The headphones shorted out in one side...Now I have to mail em in so they can be looked at and the 3rd party that handles these claims told me I may recive a check....This leaves me with no headphones during this proccess. So now I'll have to go buy some new ones and hope they send me a check...Anyone have experiance with this? This is my 3rd pair of headphones, after deystroying some Sonys I thought this might be diffrent...Anybody got suggestions for some new headphones?

Comments

• Usually, if it's not an abuse issue...Guitar Center can contact the company that handles the PG, tell them the problem, give them them your phone # and verify the address and the company will send you a check payable to you and guitar center (so you will have to buy another pair from guitar center) I have never heard of having to send them back, unless it is still under the warrenty with Technics and they are having them deal with the issue...In this case I would bitch at Guitar Center and tell them that they told you that this warranty was better than the manufacturer warranty and that's why you bought it.