WHITEBOYS

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I know this movie is mad old but I was wondering about the Strut collective's opinion.This is one of those that if I'm flipping around and it's on cable I'll invariably get sucked in.- The biggest, goofiest white dude of the crew was hilarious- Bonez Malone- The Snoop/Danny dream sequence in prisonI like this movie. I think it's the best one that director did. At least that I've seen. Brooklyn Babylon wasn't that good. Marc Levin?

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts

"...back and forth from chi-chi's to footlocker, footlocker to chi-chi's. those are wack Frickin' activities, jay!"

• "it's the essence dawg"...Nah, it's been a minute. I need to watch that again sooner than later!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm dying here... is that who I think it is?

• ANYONE REMEMBER MIKE TYSON SLAPPING ROBERT DOWNEY JR. IN "BLACK AND WHITE" the movie

TYSON's BEST PERFORMANCE

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i'm the only person i know that would say they 'liked' black and white

mike tyson was killin it

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

You know it is.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

You know it is.

Why y'all got to be so obscure about it?

• Marc Levin

^^^ dude's treatment of race relations in America make "Crash" seem like a nuanced, learned and thought-provoking treatise. "Slam" and "Brooklyn Babylon" were particularly embarrassing.

• Can I get the Rootless guide to "nuanced, learned and thought-provoking treatises on race relations" ???

His shit is basic. That being said, there's some kernels of insight or at least empathy in "Whiteboys".

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

"...back and forth from chi-chi's to footlocker, footlocker to chi-chi's. those are wack Frickin' activities, jay!"
    Didn't you use an audio snippet from this movie on that old
    mixtape you did for Labcabin?

• I'm dying here... is that who I think it is?

Yes, it is Rootlesscosmo.

• I'm dying here... is that who I think it is?

Yes, it is Rootlesscosmo.

those pictures are old. what can I say it was a phase.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    IMG SRC=http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2158/tehgawdiv6.gif>
    Who loves ya, baby? *wink*

• cascas 1,484 Posts

i did. i got muchos dialogue from that movie.

• "...back and forth from chi-chi's to footlocker, footlocker to chi-chi's. those are wack Frickin' activities, jay!"

I'd be interested to hear this. Still around?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

You're about to feel the wrath!

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I'd be interested to hear this. Still around?

there's a snippet of some here. i'll try to upload some more when i get back to sf. i'm not with my computer right now. it's the last song in the player. '99 4 track style.

• Marc Levin

^^^. "Slam" and "Brooklyn Babylon" were particularly embarrassing.

My mom is the one who told me about Slam, and had got me to watch it(well..about 20 min of it)....FUCK, that shit was horrible!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Dead Pres in a corn field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite is when he gets the crapped kicked out of him and just bounce up and says "am I in"....like it was a gang initiation.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    don't even begin to front on Marc Levin. Dude created Scared Straight, Bangin In Little Rock....
    Protocols of Zion was fantastic - and his new movie which I saw about 7 months ago or so, "Mr. Untouchable" - story of Nicky Barnes - is off the hook. Hi Tek did the score too - shit was ill.
    When you diss Marc you diss yourself.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Danny Hoch has a new play called To The Break Of Dawn. We slept on it while in NY. Did we miss anything?

• graffiti on the barn=