recomend me a drum machine for under 300 or less

hendravishendravis 689 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
lookn to get adrum machine to make some drum beats for shows so my band can add some lyrics to tha table.. we're mostly A bluesy funk band but we want to do some abstrakt hip hop, (tribe, de la influenced) im jus not feelin tha live band hip hop evar really any help would b vaery appreciated if possible.

Comments

• I would pick up an SP-505, not strictly a drum machine, but a nice sampler with a good built in sequencer and should be under the $300 mark.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    if u like the sound of an 808, try a 606. very close to the sound, but cheaper by far.
    not really a sampler though, but u asked for a drummachine?

• if u like the sound of an 808, try a 606. very close to the sound, but cheaper by far.
    not really a sampler though, but u asked for a drummachine?

i was reading about the 606 and they said it was kind of electro/retro sounding.. i like retro but elctro?? im no so sure about.. i want somethign that has heavy snares, n bass drums

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

WHAT IS THIS, WHAT IS THIS, WHAT IS THIS. i dont even know what this is and im already getting all

• anything by Akai? , thay got some dope stuff, waht sthat one alot of u strutters use? cus if its worth i myte just save for a lil longer and get some super dope shit insteadd

• elctro?? im no so sure about..

Trust me, you love it.

- J

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    the 606 is GREAt ..doesnt sound ANYTHING like an 808 though.. its very wimpy.. but classic

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    If you have a laptop get an MPD or an M-audio joint. Then just bang beats with Abelton Live, Reason or Acid.