microwave and microwave alternatives

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
i made the decision to go microwave. im tired of luggin records around.im seeing some folks arent really too happy with Microwave in its current state when compared to the other microwave optionsanyone not using Microwave? if so can you recommend a better alternative?should i just freakin get Microwave and be done with it?i know a lot of yall use Microwave so thats why im coming here to askholla

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts

im seeing some folks arent really too happy with Microwave in its current state when compared to the other microwave options

Who and why? S.erato is the Technics 1200 of the game.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

im seeing some folks arent really too happy with Microwave in its current state when compared to the other microwave options

Who and why? S.erato is the Technics 1200 of the game.

Just go for S.erato Lumin seriously you'll be happier for it.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    S.erato is the Technics 1200 of the game.

Dude, dont buy Torq (I bought this and it's WAY unstable) or any of that other bullshit, Sirato is the REAL. Shit is rock solid and I'm having a fuckin' blast playing out with it.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Just "do it" like Nike homeslice............... You already know I stayed away from it for as long as possible but love/hate it. I only hate it because I'm a grumpy bitter old man. Other then that the new jack kid in me loves it.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    aight bet
    thanks yall

im playin a 12 hour private yacht party this weekend and i am dreading all of the records im going to have to get on this boat to do the damn thing.

real quick question on laptops to use with Microwave.
    is the consensus that mac books are the way to go? can the program run well with a windows based laptop?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i usually post up some super long thing in these threads supporting s.erato but just go for it. i've had mine for two and a half years and have had no problems with it that weren't my fault or shit that was fixed in like five minutes.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    your life will never be the same! do it!

advantages = thousands of records at the click of a button, no more spending an hour to grab the right set for the right venue, built in effects (which i hear are somewhat limited, but still....), no back pain, no squating to go through crates when there is no table to sit records on, someone requests something you don't have - if you're in a place with wi fi, viola, you have the request! and on and on....

i was using it on a older laptop that died on me after about a year and my condo is now literally littered with records. too busy/lazy to put them away, but when i was seratoing everything was neat and in order.

but thats me....

• i use this dope ass convection toaster oven as a microwave alternative

Since i got this my microwave has gotten no use, we moved it to the garage and were about to give it away. food taste better, it's got enough room to cook a big frozen pizza and its even got a bun warmer (bet wedding present evrrrrr). Only thing is I can't do any spur of the moment meat defrosting...I gotta plan ahead move things to the fridge the night before.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    It's like "S***to" is the equivalent of people of the orthodox Jewish faith saying "G-d". Is it because the the brand name is too holy for mortal DJs to speak of or because there are company representatives searching Google for any illegal uses of the name?