THE OFFICIAL STOCK EXCHANGE THREAD 2007

vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I know there are people on here who play the market. If you're a diehard day trader, or just curious about how much you can lose, and want to play with $100k of funny money, I set up a fantasy stock market for everybody here. You can sign up for free at http://vse.marketwatch.com. The game name is 'ssse_6mo', and that's the password, too. I wanted to keep it fun, so you can short stocks, give day/limit orders, pay cheap transaction fees, and even reset your entire portfolio if you lose your shirt. It opens tomorrow, but you can join in anytime between now and the end of March, when it ends.If you've got any questions, let me know. I think there's a 20 minute delay in pricing in the game, but otherwise all stock/spider prices follow the real performance.

Comments

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Bump for people who daytrade on someone else's clock

• thats a blow that its US companies only

I want to fuck with the AIM 's

I don't think it's only US companies. I've traded Airbus and Siemens on there before. Are you sure about that?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm in.

• Options
    I was on this a few minutes ago, had a trade set up and entered, then it froze for a minute. Then I looked in the upper right and I was logged in under someone else's account all of a sudden. How that happened I have no idea. I could have gone in and turned that guy's account upside down, but he wasn't even in our game!

I'll get into this next week, but I can only get down until January. BigBullhorns.

Yeah, the interface is a little suspect. I've never been logged into any else's account, though. You get what you pay for, right?

and I'd be ahead of you if Morgan Stanley hadn't fucked CSX. Chessie is a good company!

• Options
    Yeah, the interface is a little suspect. I've never been logged into any else's account, though. You get what you pay for, right?

and I'd be ahead of you if Morgan Stanley hadn't fucked CSX. Chessie is a good company!

Yeah I guess you would, but the one trade I tried to make was a short of POT at 112 yesterday, for 500 shares. It closed around 102 today. While I was waiting for that trade to confirm I wound up in the other account. Wierd. In all fairness I planned on covering at 107.50. I'll try using it again at some point, thanks for setting it up by the way.