How Do You Get Records from folk's Storage Lockers

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Every time I do a random roll up on a storage place they never have anything for saleA few places said they just throw out the contents of unpaid storage lockersDang!!!!Ouch!!I have heard some places auction their delinquent tenants goods but I have yet to find these auctions.what is the trick to pullin heat from these storage joints?I have questions,and I know the soulstrut has answersThanks in advance

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    pay to play

• Make friends with the storage peoples.

And if that doesn't work.. bribe them!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    pay to play

Are you availalbe for an impromptu auction in the middle of the day? Half of those places is mad shady.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Make friends with the storage peoples.

I would think this is probably the only reasonable way.

A lot of places do auctions and they aren't exactly well advertised. I've been to one and basically you stand around in a big group and a dude cuts the lock and rolls up the door on a unit. You cannot go in or touch anything prior to bidding, you just have to stand outside and see what can be seen. You also have to bid on the entire unit... and take it all away if you win.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Make friends with the storage peoples.

I would think this is probably the only reasonable way.

A lot of places do auctions and they aren't exactly well advertised. I've been to one and basically you stand around in a big group and a dude cuts the lock and rolls up the door on a unit. You cannot go in or touch anything prior to bidding, you just have to stand outside and see what can be seen. You also have to bid on the entire unit... and take it all away if you win.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    QUOTE HCRINK CAMPAIGN

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    QUOTE HCRINK CAMPAIGN

jlr-do you go out of your way to be a dick or is it your natural state of existence?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    QUOTE HCRINK CAMPAIGN

jlr-do you go out of your way to be a dick or is it your natural state of existence?

if I went out of my way I would be derailing, which would make me a
    ghetto ass crackwhore in a gangbang who can only think of the jumbo cocaine prize instead of the 19 cocks that needed to be milked dry in the session

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    QUOTE HCRINK CAMPAIGN

ghetto ass crackwhore in a gangbang who can only think of the jumbo cocaine prize instead of the 19 cocks that needed to be milked dry in the session

cool
    so you freely admit are an asshole and you admit going off topic for no real reason
    just what I figured
    now run along little doggy
    you added nothing to the discussion about records
    why?
    because your a wind up little toy who is at best a trite and boring little snipe
    at worst a medicore drone office worker, stuck in a marrige with your 1.5 offspring,slowly being bored to death by your own existence and your self imposed sub middleclass hell/nightmare
    I bet your wife is fat
    glad I am not you

• I bet your wife is fat
    glad I am not you

I love JLR, but I love kala too and this shit is funny.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Outstanding.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    QUOTE HCRINK CAMPAIGN

cool
    so you freely admit are an asshole and you admit going off topic for no real reason
    just what I figured
    why?
    because your a wind up little toy who is at best a trite and boring little snipe
    at worst a medicore drone office worker, stuck in a marrige with your 1.5 offspring,slowly being bored to death by your own existence and your self imposed sub middleclass hell/nightmare
    I bet your wife is fat
    glad I am not you

Can I have a "pustule" thing in my lifestyle description, please.

• Outstanding.

I'm only quoting this to test Kala's friendship.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    QUOTE HCRINK CAMPAIGN

cool
    just what I figured
    why?
    I bet your wife is fat
    glad I am not you

Can I have a "pustule" thing in my lifestyle description, please.

check with your kid or your wife for that
    maybe even your own ass could produce pustules
    lord knows it has nothing to do with finding records in storage lockers

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

what is the trick to pullin heat from these storage joints?

I need more questions like this in my head. My life is a joke.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Outstanding.

classic
    we cool Gary
    but you NEED to buy that sheet music already

• Outstanding.

classic
    we cool Gary
    but you NEED to buy that sheet music already

haha.. you still got it huh? LIST SOME TITLE OR YOU ARE SOFT!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

what is the trick to pullin heat from these storage joints?

I need more questions like this in my head. My life is a joke.

not my fault you hang here and don't drop any musical knowledge/mp3s/record reviews
    just a steady stream of almost but not quite funny comments to ease the slow death/boredom of your pathetic amalgamation of DNA
    good thing you reproduced we need many more like you
    by chance do you eat meat and drive an SUV?
    or prehaps you WANT to own an SUV
    this way you can haul more records from storage lockers and beef up your amazing collection
    and of course drive your fat wife around town shopping

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    this is fun
    BTW
    I found a really good source of storage auctions
    I am going to one on 10/3
    and another on 10/11
    will report back on the results
    within this very thread!!!

Its all so damm exciting!!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    this is fun
    BTW
    and another on 10/11

can't wait to see what you pull from there!!!

you can even find an empty storage unit and put all your anger and frustration in there

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    this is fun
    BTW
    and another on 10/11

can't wait to see what you pull from there!!!

you can even find an empty storage unit and put all your anger and frustration in there

awwww did I hit I nerve?
    hope the truth hurts a little tiny teeny bit

BTW
    I'm not angry or frustrated
    I just have a low tolerance foe snide douchebags on forums about record collecting
    try adding something constructive or shut the fuck upper azzmuncher and stay out of my thread......tony danza-er foll

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

awwww did I hit I nerve?
    hope the truth hurts a little tiny teeny bit

totally, you got this gift to completly see through people. I must say I expected more biological comments from your part. Like more pustules, infections, etc.

I'm not angry or frustrated

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    this 3some is mad horney. better than emerson lake and powell. everbody call me now. immol cum.

ps--i get records from storage units with a truck.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    this 3some is mad horney. better than emerson lake and powell. everbody call me now. immol cum.

SHUT UP, PUSTULE

SHUT UP, PUSTULE

THEY POP LIKE LITTLE ANGEL KISSES

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

SHUT UP, PUSTULE

THEY POP LIKE LITTLE ANGEL KISSES

LOW SPERM COUNT

...and since i'm old and crusty, i hire a salvadoran hobo from the big lots parking lot to carry my buckingham nicks.

• Ive been to a fair share of storage locker auctions. It ended up being a waste of time, as the junkers and flea market dudes are cutthroat and will overpay to show who's boss. Unless you see a massive locker full of records, its not going to be worth your time to throw 100s of bucks on a locker that has a few boxes of records, that might turn out to be turds, and then you're stuck cleaning out a locker full of junk. Let the junkers to their thing and just catch em at the FLEAS

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Drop by every Storage joint and leave them a business card.

Tell them you pay more than anyone else for vinyl.

Ask them to call you whenever they have records being auctioned.

Tell them you'll give them an extra $20.00 if it turns out to be good stuff.

You should pretty much have the Locker game in your pocket.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ...and since i'm old and crusty, i hire a salvadoran hobo from the big lots parking lot to carry my buckingham nicks.

I've done this.