Record Day Proposal

2»

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    once a month with a different theme would be cool

• that sounds difficult.

My soundcard works again so I was thinking about posting up some music, but also I don't think most people like the kind of music that I like.

Lynard Skynard???

I fucks with some Skynyrd....Skynyrd fun fact, Allen Collins(backrow) was 8 and half feet tall...its true

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    that sounds difficult.

Difficult?

One day out of the year, you have to step up and post a picture of a record and say a few lines about it?

I did the above in 3 mins.

If it is difficult for people on the board. This board should no longer be based around vinyl and we should just go 24/7 race, sports & humorous pics dealing with kittens.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts

OK, just re-read it & it's one person per-day, not everyone everyday. Sorry.

But whatever. Just thinking the strut should look into doing something. Strut Web 2.0

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    that sounds difficult.

My soundcard works again so I was thinking about posting up some music, but also I don't think most people like the kind of music that I like.

Lynard Skynard???

I fucks with some Skynyrd....Skynyrd fun fact, Allen Collins(backrow) was 8 and half feet tall...its true

I'm right there with you.....

I have a friend who has been in the music "biz" in one capacity or another for 40 years and he swears Skynard was the greatest U.S. rock band evar!!

And he's from the UK.

• Subject: Pied Piper of Funkingham - (Chocolate Cholly's) [1982]

Nothing like a great slice of pizza with your buddy The Pied Piper!
    Is it funk mixed with some early rap? Is it Jazz? Is it Disco?
    "Insert more info"

oh shit, a piedpiper record I don't own yet. gotta catch em all...

• Not for us, I mean difficult for RAJ.

• that sounds difficult.

Lynard Skynard???

I'm right there with you.....

I have a friend who has been in the music "biz" in one capacity or another for 40 years and he swears Skynard was the greatest U.S. rock band evar!!

And he's from the UK.

My rock nerd friends have had this conversation a few times...It always comes down to a battle royale between Skynyrd and Van Halen...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I propose Record Day go back to being more about
    posting ABOUT records, dropping secret squirrels,
    tipping off locs, artist appreciations, etc ...
    Record Day done gone the way of Christmas ... now
    instead of a day where knowledge is dropped, it's
    just a mass MP3 feeding frenzy ... before I get a
    "U MAD DOGGIE" thrown at me, I'm down with sharing
    MP3's too, but does anyone remember what I'm talking
    about? The first "Record Day" was really pretty special.
    The last one was more of a download blitz.

Yeah, if you're on soulseek, then every day can be record day if all you want is MP3's. Been a minute since secret squirrles been dropped.

• I propose Record Day go back to being more about
    posting ABOUT records, dropping secret squirrels,
    tipping off locs, artist appreciations, etc ...
    Record Day done gone the way of Christmas ... now
    instead of a day where knowledge is dropped, it's
    just a mass MP3 feeding frenzy ... before I get a
    "U MAD DOGGIE" thrown at me, I'm down with sharing
    MP3's too, but does anyone remember what I'm talking
    about? The first "Record Day" was really pretty special.
    The last one was more of a download blitz.

Yeah, if you're on soulseek, then every day can be record day if all you want is MP3's. Been a minute since secret squirrles been dropped.

thaer was alot of mp3s for sure but in between thear was a fair amount of , that will always b here . it may b fewer than before but 365 days a year is record day wear we get 2 share in every way abotu records including in depth discussions. i gess this year record day people were just really into showing people music thay myte not otharwise ever hear..

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I posted about records on record day, but because my MP3 game was not tight, the response seemed a little lacklustre.

I would like to see record day not happen TOO often or I think it will lose its value.