Bay Area Heads Still Down for a Get Together?

2»

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    sounds like a blast.
    im sad i missed it

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Oh man. I am still dead tired today. Drinking from 2 PM - 3 AM will do that. What I realized too is that none of us ate from about 4 PM till the 4 AM tater tots. Some highlights:

1) Breakself's 45 boxes. Filled to the brim with heat I'd never heard. When dude finished playing records I felt about a foot tall. Made me want to get out to the Midwest immediately.

2) Apple golf/baseball. Dollar_Bin was smacking 'em out of the park.

3) The bar experience (interesting...) and the antics of Breakself...the fake phone call to the pretend wife, the vest, throwing ice at people in the bar. If I wasn't so dead tired at that point I would have been making a fool of myself too, that spot was full of morons.

4) Penis burger. Nuff said.

5) Stanford beating the University of Spoiled Children (USC).

6) 3 AM record banter. Always good to be around people who know what's up.

Thanks to all for coming out, great meeting you Paycheck, thanks to Breakself for the ride and Ivan for hosting and making this all happen.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Cosine on the comments about the above events, at least those that happened before the missus and I turned into pumpkins at 8PM. It was a fine afternoon of frozen drinks, record nerdery and other leisure pursuits.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    What a great time that was. Seriously. I still don't feel right.

Big ups to Ferarri for the fantastic South American set at the beginning of the evening (I recognized maybe 10% of that playlist), and for taking everyone else to the cleaners as my partner in beer pong.

Mega propers to big Paycheck for opening up sealed records to play for us, for juggling copies of rare 45s he had gotten just hours before, and for dancing his ass off to "I Got Some". Am I totally delusional or did you also play the first 30 seconds of the Demon Funk 45 about 10 times in a row?

Kudos to Spelunk for all the enthusiasm for the music, and for dropping all the knowledge about your local collectro experience. Apologies for any of the teasing that Ivan and I may have directed towards you for being the baby of the group. Ah, to be young again. Btw, I have no recollection of a penis burger. Perhaps it's better that way.

Thanks to the dollar_bins for the academic commiseration, and for the pictures. Too bad you took off so early, the second half of the night was a lot of fun (or so I'm told).

Thanks to everyone else who put up with after about 8pm, at which point I left the earthly realms of intoxication and entered a much darker plane of delirium. Had I not predicted such lunacy, I'd probably be quite embarrassed.

This is a rare chance to see me get drunk and make a fool of myself in 3 (rather than 2) dimensions.

the antics of Breakself...the fake phone call to the pretend wife, the vest, throwing ice at people in the bar. If I wasn't so dead tired at that point I would have been making a fool of myself too

SIGNED, SEALED, AND DELIVERED.