Bay Area Heads Still Down for a Get Together?

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Hey there kiddies... just wondering if folks still want to have a gathering at my place next Saturday October 6th. I know Johnny Paycheck is in town and was interested if you're on the fence. Nothing too massive, just a fun end of summer pool party.I'll setup the turntables outside so we can all have some time to floss raers. We'll make some drinks and flex our skills at beer pong/beirut. I was also thinking we could have a Jinx style record swap in the garage in the morning if people are interested. I know I have a bunch of crates to unload and I'm sure some of you do too.I'm making the evite today to send out to my friends, so if you want in and haven't PM'd me your email addy, do so now so I can add you to the list. Here's some pics of my house... all are welcome

Comments

• i'm down

• i'm down

I am planning on it.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i'm down

I am planning on it.

• Word... PM me your email addresses.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    My social calendar has been updated accordingly.

"Hey Dolph, take a memo on your Newton"

• i'm down

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Bumpski... any more takers?

Weather is supposed so be sunny and 74 degrees. It's always sunny in Saratoga! If you're in the city and the weather sucks be assured that it's better down south.

I forgot to mention that we have a bbq and grilling goodies is encouraged. I'll be supplying a large amount of beer, but bringing your own is never discouraged especially if you want something other than cans of Bud Light.

See ya on Saturday!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    C'mon people! Get off your asses. This is a rare chance to see me get drunk and make a fool of myself in 3 (rather than 2) dimensions.

• word. i think myself and a certain New York grippeur will make the treck.

• I am there.

Nice! The Strut can exist in the third dimension... scary, I know

Hit me up with email addresses so I can send you the evite so you can get directions.

• Wish I could attend Ivan, thanks for the invite!

Anyways, it's probably for the best as I look frightening in a bikini

• Damn you have a nice pad man.. is that all yours?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Can't make it. Got essays and to calculate marking period grades this weekend.

I'll be there.

Damn you have a nice pad man.. is that all yours?

Shit no... I'm no

It's a 6 bedroom house and there's 5 of us. I do pay for 2 rooms, though, a bedroom and a music studio. My rent's still cheaper than anyone I know in the city

It's on tomorrow... all day and night! Last chance to get in on some record nerdery drunkeness. I know there's more of you out there

Yo, my friend with a car bailed on me, so if any of y'all are going to be coming down and wouldn't mind picking me up from the San Jose train/bus station, it'd be much appreciated and I'll throw down on gas. It's pretty much right on your way if you're taking 280. PM me if you might be able to make that work.

Where are you coming from? I thought you were in Santa Cruz? We're pretty close to the Sunnyvale CalTrain station if you can make it there.

Where are you coming from? I thought you were in Santa Cruz? We're pretty close to the Sunnyvale CalTrain station if you can make it there.

I can make it over to the Sunnyvale station if that helps.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    damn, i wanted to make it there but it's my homegirl's promotion celebration that night.

you doing the garage sale thing in the morning though? cause i do have some records i need to unload...

you doing the garage sale thing in the morning though? cause i do have some records i need to unload...

Not looking likey... not enough interest. Plus ya know it's tough to unload records in the south bay. But hey, we'll be rocking all day if you want to cruise by... I know I got some trades and am always willing to pull out the old wallet for some things

Anybody bringing trades? I can grab my 45 trade box if any "action" is happening.

ya know it's tough to unload records in the south bay.

Dude, you need to come sell in Novemeber at our record sale at KZSC. We're trying to blow things up and get at least a dozen dealers this year. Dollar_bin, age, shitzr, you are all invited too. Santa Cruz is full of hungry grippers (I want that "you will find me in the warehouse" graemlin)

What time should I aim to make it over to your place/please can anyone hook it up with a ride from Downtown San Jose?

What time should I aim to make it over to your place/please can anyone hook it up with a ride from Downtown San Jose?

I can hook you up w/ a ride. I haven't made any plans for getting back yet though.

I can hook you up w/ a ride. I haven't made any plans for getting back yet though.

This is always the least important aspect of a good evening

Check your PMs in a few.

If I make it to evening, it will be a miracle.

If I make it to evening, it will be a miracle.

You won't... we're bringing out the margarita machine

• sorry cant make it Ivan, but for you guys visiting (and that goes for you too Ferrari!) - stop on by the shop!

Saturday - 12-8pm
    Sunday - 12-5pm

listening stations, 50-cent bins, and all that bizness...

holler if you need directions:
    408-871-0305

530 E. Campbell Ave (corner of Dillon & Campbell)
    in downtown Campbell

J

Damn... y'all missed a good time. I'm still hungover! Thanks to Spelunk, BreakSelf, Johnny Paycheck and Dollar Bin for cruising by for the festivities. Pretty mellow and a small crowd for the most part, but we had an awesome time playing records and beer pong all day and night. I once again proved my superiority on the beer pong table. That and the margarita machine cause many a drunken fool.

The main highlight, other than BreakSelf's ridiculous 45 collection, was Johnny Paycheck's disappearing act. Around 10:00 we notice that he's gone and didn't say a word. I was thinking that was the right move if he was trying to go home because otherwise we would have given him tons of shit and he would have ended up staying. Well, that wasn't the case. Around 12:00 we decide to go to the bars and after a quick mission to get the young Spelunk an ID we make our way out of the house. Low and behold, there's JP asleep in his running car in the driveway! Our efforts to get a working camera didn't pan out so we just messed with him for a little bit by rocking the car back and forth from underneath so we would remain unseen. About 4 or 5 times he'd turn the car off for a second, look around for a bit and then turn the car back on. I eventually climbed up to the top of thar and knocked on the front windshield finally getting his attention and making our presense known. We were rolling in hysterics!

The bar was pretty uneventful other than the unclaimed tuxedo vest that Breakself picked up and the drunkest, grossest girl ever trying to molest BreakSelf while I hit on her sober, hot friend. Hey Spelunk, was that your first time in a bar? If so, I'm proud to corrupt another

Ah, good times... I found a new partner in crime in Breakself. I have a feeling we could cause some serious damage to the south bay

Next time I want to see more of you fools there