for BATMON, tragedy strikes film set of new Batman

obscure_addictobscure_addict 869 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=277111&GT1=7701Crew Member Dies in Crash on Set of Batman FilmSept. 25, 2007, 10:39 AM ESTThe Associated PressLONDON -- A special effects technician has been killed in a crash during production of the latest Batman film, Warner Bros. said Tuesday.The studio said the man, who was not identified, died when a truck carrying a camera platform crashed into a tree while following a stunt vehicle on Monday. Filming on the movie, "The Dark Knight," was not taking place at the time, and no actors were involved in the accident.The accident took place during a test run at a racetrack near Chertsey, south of London.The studio said producers, cast and crew "are deeply saddened by this tragedy and their hearts and prayers go out to the family and loved ones of the deceased."Britain's Health and Safety Executive said it was investigating the accident.Directed by Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight" stars Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader and Heath Ledger as his nemesis the Joker. It's scheduled for release next year.Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    no actors were involved in the accident.

Thank god for that.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    when i first heard the news all i could do was contemplate the similarites of the joker's new look and The Crow...

condolences to the gentleman though

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sacrifical lamb

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    when i first heard the news all i could do was contemplate the similarites of the joker's new look and The Crow...

seriously eerie though.... just looking at my joker figurines makes me take a second look now.

i watched that 6 minute trailer recently with a bunch of jokers henchmen doing a robbery and the joker offing them at the end (this was before the news of heath) and i was thinking this must be among one of the most "serious" adaptations of a comic book in its brutatlity, it just felt like raw footage. i thought spawn was up there, except the villain was a wally.

• I had a friend who used to see them around NYU when they were there. Apparently they look like aliens in person.