house party v. bars/clubs

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
i can't think of any reason to go to a bar.house parties....- they are usually free- its easier to get laid (random girls are less worried about you being a serial killer and girls you know...well, there are bedrooms there)- if u have to take a crap, its less of an embarrassment- there is usually food - no dress code- you can check your email or watch tv if the getting laid thing isn't working out.

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    ...ever had a drunkin jam session on one of these at a the club?
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Didn't fuckin think so.

House parties, hands down!

• woah woah woah... hold up. You guys are forgetting one very important reason why house parties are not always better.

• Shit house parties... I had a mean one last night. There was like 10 DJs who played over the course of the night. rad. Nintendo, herb, cheap beer, bbq, and what not.

Bars are fun too though. But house parties are great unless people ruin your shit. I once had to kids fight... then knock over my turntables... and one of my techs broke... bastard!

• House parties are the way to go...unless it's at your house. You got to worry about people tearing shit up, stealing shit, raiding your fridge, fucking on your bed, pissing on your floor, etc.

• House parties are the way to go...unless it's at your house. You got to worry about people tearing shit up, stealing shit, raiding your fridge, fucking on your bed, pissing on your floor, etc.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    devil's advocate house party cons:

- "DJ" actually 5 dudes switching off ipods every 1:13

- Folks less inclined to dress nicely

- Hosts less inclined to know how to deal with lighting - 'xmas lights' should not be the most flattering setting

- Fewer, wacker drink options. that that beast to the college party.com

- Chances of meeting someone outside of yr already insular social circle greatly reduced

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    devil's advocate house party cons:

- "DJ" actually 5 dudes switching off ipods every 1:13

- Folks less inclined to dress nicely

- Hosts less inclined to know how to deal with lighting - 'xmas lights' should not be the most flattering setting

- Fewer, wacker drink options. that that beast to the college party.com

- Chances of meeting someone outside of yr already insular social circle greatly reduced

The only con is if the party is at your house....and even thats not a con because your only footsteps away from a comforable sleeping place if you get to "faded"

• ...ever had a drunkin jam session on one of these at a the club?
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Didn't fuckin think so.

House parties, hands down!

can't say i've sat down at one of these electro rigs while under the influence but parties at my house are always fun because it's almost guaranteed i'll sit down at the ludwig's by around 1 AM. much better than the standard ipod mashin. get someone that can spit?

house parties get my vote. granted i'm college but the cheap drinks, beds, and no creepers make em more enjoyable. and in school people bring new people to parties all the time so you meet different people every weekend. keep the frat boys at a distance and you're set.

• Pretty much the only reason I go to bars is to recruit people to come over to my house, which is basically an after hours bar.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i work in bars a fair bit, there are some i love that have great couches, great people and i drink for free all night (not that i drink that much, but i am allways able to burn one down at any of the bars i work at)
    so my vote goes to good bars as generally good house parties get crashed and nasty!

• - Hosts less inclined to know how to deal with lighting - 'xmas lights' should not be the most flattering setting

is this a serious critique of house parties? that the lighting isn't good? are you like that Seinfeld episode were you only look good under certain lighting conditions (my apologies if you're horribly disfigured or something).

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

is this a serious critique of house parties? that the lighting isn't good? are you like that Seinfeld episode were you only look good under certain lighting conditions (my apologies if you're horribly disfigured or something).
    raise your standards