Frozen Records??

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
sorry if this may have been posted on here before, but this shit boggles my mind.Anyone ever played one?!!http://www.randform.org/blog/?p=722Last Friday and Saturday at Tesla: Claudia M??rzendorfers Frozen Records. Frozen Records are made of ice. They are moulds of Vinyl singles. Each frozen record plays music for about 10 min. One can play a record usually only twice then the ice is getting too warm, i.e. the records looses its form and can???t function anymore as a medium. The water from the ice runs down the record player and one can only step into the rests.The Viennese musician Nik Hummer has composed various pieces with Trautonium for the frozen records. This is what I heard, when I went to Tesla to hear and to see the frozen records. It was just impressing to hear the music varying with the melting ice. Claudia M??rzendorfer said, that there is also music with other instruments. And there are other compositions for the frozen records. Each mould has its own music and dynamics. The music is there in the very second, it is changing constantly until one has to switch to a new record, i.e. a new medium for another transient music.

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Wow!

• They would probably play for longer than 10 mins if they tables weren't right next to the heater.

hahahahhaaaa Just kidding, I just thought that pic was kinda funny.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    sorry if this may have been posted on here before, but this shit boggles my mind.

Anyone ever played one?!!

http://www.randform.org/blog/?p=722

Last Friday and Saturday at Tesla: Claudia M??rzendorfers Frozen Records. Frozen Records are made of ice. They are moulds of Vinyl singles. Each frozen record plays music for about 10 min. One can play a record usually only twice then the ice is getting too warm, i.e. the records looses its form and can???t function anymore as a medium. The water from the ice runs down the record player and one can only step into the rests.

The Viennese musician Nik Hummer has composed various pieces with Trautonium for the frozen records. This is what I heard, when I went to Tesla to hear and to see the frozen records. It was just impressing to hear the music varying with the melting ice. Claudia M??rzendorfer said, that there is also music with other instruments. And there are other compositions for the frozen records. Each mould has its own music and dynamics. The music is there in the very second, it is changing constantly until one has to switch to a new record, i.e. a new medium for another transient music.

• sorry if this may have been posted on here before, but this shit boggles my mind.

Anyone ever played one?!!

http://www.randform.org/blog/?p=722

Last Friday and Saturday at Tesla: Claudia M??rzendorfers Frozen Records. Frozen Records are made of ice. They are moulds of Vinyl singles. Each frozen record plays music for about 10 min. One can play a record usually only twice then the ice is getting too warm, i.e. the records looses its form and can???t function anymore as a medium. The water from the ice runs down the record player and one can only step into the rests.

The Viennese musician Nik Hummer has composed various pieces with Trautonium for the frozen records. This is what I heard, when I went to Tesla to hear and to see the frozen records. It was just impressing to hear the music varying with the melting ice. Claudia M??rzendorfer said, that there is also music with other instruments. And there are other compositions for the frozen records. Each mould has its own music and dynamics. The music is there in the very second, it is changing constantly until one has to switch to a new record, i.e. a new medium for another transient music.

Impressively pointless.

• That water looks strangely yellow. What are they making these out of?

• don't eat the yellow frozen records.