return of the "what's the best mixer" thread?

2»

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    How is the PMC-06 the slender Vestax. Does it have a better feel?

I've used it a few times and think it has a much better feel than the 05 or 07, can't tell you why. But it's still a vestax.

Good price tho if all you want is a scratch mixer.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Odubya -

the difference between the 54 and the 56:

54 has an EFX loop but it is PRE-fader - meaning the crossfader cuts off the effects - really sucks when your using a delay pedal. 56 is POST-fader loop, has a wet/dry knob (to adjust the strength of the EFX) and 3 band eq. It also has a slider curve adjustment for the volume faders as versus a 3 position switch, as well as separate curve adjustments for each side of the cross fader - kinda cool if you want one channel to cut off sharp, and the other to cut off gradually. It also has a AUX in for daisy chaining the mixers in your DJ band!

Pioneers are good, but keep in mind that if the built in EFX go bad, you have to take the whole mixer in to get it repaired.

Allen & Heath are the freakin' sweetest mixers I've played with to date. The faders are smooth good quality construction, and the filters and EQs on the higher end models are bananas.

Vestax are still in the game, but I've heard a lot of complaints about their quality since they changed corporate hands and are now manufactured in China not Japan.

$0.02

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Just to update - so I broke down and threw down for the Rane TTM56.

...and...shit is sweet. My old 05-Pro did me right for many, many years but I am really liking the feel and performance of the Rane. The EFX processing took a while to work out (the whole dry/wet mix had me confused for a minute) but now that it's all set-up properly, it's all gravy.

56 = very

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    congrats on the new mixer. i bought mine 3 years ago and haven't looked back.

• Just to update - so I broke down and threw down for the Rane TTM56.

...and...shit is sweet. My old 05-Pro did me right for many, many years but I am really liking the feel and performance of the Rane. The EFX processing took a while to work out (the whole dry/wet mix had me confused for a minute) but now that it's all set-up properly, it's all gravy.

56 = very

Hey, let's have a cut sesh at your crib! (still on the busted 07 over here)

btw, Oliver....that day I was supposed to call you, your cell was disconnected/out of service or something. I tried to call you that morning while driving around your neighborhoodles. hllr

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

56 = very

btw, Oliver....that day I was supposed to call you, your cell was disconnected/out of service or something. I tried to call you that morning while driving around your neighborhoodles. hllr

It's all good. I still got them records for you. You really think anyone's going to want 20 sealed copies of the "Soul Clap" EP? I mean, it's not even the pic cover on Payday version - I think it's some 2nd pressing - Showbiz Records? Anyways, holler.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    What negative dcb constitutes a complete "kill?"

1 bit is 6 db, so if you want a complete kill on a cd quality track you have to kill 98 db!

i doubt mixers with complete kill uses an eq to do this tho.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

56 = very

It's all good. I still got them records for you. You really think anyone's going to want 20 sealed copies of the "Soul Clap" EP? I mean, it's not even the pic cover on Payday version - I think it's some 2nd pressing - Showbiz Records? Anyways, holler.
    tell me you're being sarcastic.

i got the 56 shortly after it came out and i swear by it. if you take good care of it, you'll never need another mixer again.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Has anyone fucked with the Tascam X-9? Seems like a great deal at 599.99 but I haven't played on one. 2 samplers! 2 effect units! sweepable mids!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I think someone might have mentioned the Ecler HAK360 already, I'm considering getting one of these... anyone used one or have an opinion on them?

Cheers, Rob