Records at Lunch?

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Took a long lunch w/ the homies down to Hoover's. Of course the food was off the chain.But they were killin' it with the music as well: Isleys "Who's that Lady", Timmy Thomas (!), Delfonics, Marvin, JB....just sittin there grubbin and bobbin our heads. I asked the dude what their service was thinking it was XM or Sirius or Muzak but apparently one of their servers at another loc just throws together mix tapes and they play those.Pretty cool.

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Took a long lunch w/ the homies down to Hoover's. Of course the food was off the chain.

But they were killin' it with the music as well: Isleys "Who's that Lady", Timmy Thomas (!), Delfonics, Marvin, JB....just sittin there grubbin and bobbin our heads. I asked the dude what their service was thinking it was XM or Sirius or Muzak but apparently one of their servers at another loc just throws together mix tapes and they play those.

Pretty cool.

MMMMMMMMM..... hoover's.

• MMMMMMMMM..... hoover's.

The biscuits and sausage gravy there are worth killing a man over

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i believe Friday is boudin day .

• i believe Friday is boudin day .

Yes sir. And the garlic cheese grits were amazing.

But again...... the music, maaaaan.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My wife and her friend are at Hoover's right this very moment celebrating all of the news coverage that the Jena 6 protest that they helped organize at UT yesterday garnered so much news coverage.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/H...Id=1.1.1&sflg=1

*My wife and her friend (the neice of Grace Jones and new bride of a certain Austin rapper) are in the still photo there holding the banner.*

• they moved the taco truck that used to be next a record spot. i am sad. they had really excellent fish tacos and they make their own tortillas. handmade tortillas is where its at.

however, i did manage to grab some records and then head over to bachan's take out in montebello. they make really really good teri hot dogs with grilled maui sweet onions.