You Pumped for Out Far Out?

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
[plug]Well you should be! It's my international psych/funk mix CD I've been working on for over a year now. It's almost done I promise![/plug]I'll try and build some anticipation here while contributing nicely to Record Day. Here's a few tracks from the CD in their entirety... a nice little sampler so you can guage the sound and rarity involved (while also setting aside $10 for it's impending release).BLO - HypocrisyThis is the second LP from the famous Nigerian group BLO. The first time I heard this song I almost shit myself. A 7 minute epic jam that really moves. If it weren't for the breakdowns I think my head would explode... they're a necessary comedown. You'll understand when you hear it.La Kabala - El CumbancheroThis is La Kabala from Peru. This record kicks so much ass. The whole LP is solid throughout with various styles represented. Latin, b-boy funk, psych. This is the psych track and it's damn good.Liverpool - Impressoes DigitasThis is Liverpool from Brazil. Naturally there will be a strong Brazilian presence in the mix due to my recent obsession. This is one of my favorite Brazilian psych records and one of the rarest. Better than Modulo 1000 and Spectrum IMHO. The whole LP is pretty mellow psych. This track has some real nice fuzz and drums.Original Popcorn - Salted PopcornBreak alert! The famous Original Popcorn Lp out of France with Vigon and Franz Auffrey. A weird concept LP about, you guessed it, popcorn... but with crazy breaks galore. This one's my favorite and could have been a hip hop staple if it was ever in the hands of producers back in the day.Kalyanji Anandji - Love MeHere it is... the original Somebody to Love track from Bombay the Hard Way. Apparently there are different pressings of this soundtrack. Mine, which is a double LP gatefold, has this track while the single LP doesn't. This one's quite hard to find. The sound quality is pretty bad and there's a screeching car sound toward the end of the femal vocal part, but hey... it's the OG!Bobby Boyd - Straight AheadThis is the rare 45 with the 2 standout tracks from the even rarer LP from the Bobby Boyd Congress. Not only is this the most badass pic sleeve, it's also a quality double sider. The flip can be heard on my latest Forty Fivan mix. This is the damn fonky track!Pawnshop - Telegraph is CallingThis is some spooky ass Italian psych 45. A well known track in the right circles, but real tough to come by. Has all the right elements, but damn is it a tough one to mix in!Well, that's it for today. I hope you enjoy. Unfortunately I have my company party today so I won't be around for the rest of record day. What a nerd... I'd rather be in front of my computer than at my company party. Oh wait, my company sucks so it won't be fun. Nevermind

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUH!

• gonna give these a listen, thanks.

• La Kabala - El Cumbanchero

This is La Kabala from Peru. This record kicks so much ass. The whole LP is solid throughout with various styles represented. Latin, b-boy funk, psych. This is the psych track and it's damn good.

I just posted this record in the "If you could have any record thread"!!!
    Damn Ivan! Looking forward to hearing your completed mix, ten heaters on this page for sure!

• La Kabala - El Cumbanchero

This is La Kabala from Peru. This record kicks so much ass. The whole LP is solid throughout with various styles represented. Latin, b-boy funk, psych. This is the psych track and it's damn good.

I just posted this record in the "If you could have any record thread"!!!
    Damn Ivan! Looking forward to hearing your completed mix, ten heaters on this page for sure!

Ha... good timing! Have you heard the whole thing? If not, I can rip some more tracks for ya.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Original Popcorn - Salted Popcorn

Break alert! The famous Original Popcorn Lp out of France with Vigon and Franz Auffrey. A weird concept LP about, you guessed it, popcorn... but with crazy breaks galore. This one's my favorite and could have been a hip hop staple if it was ever in the hands of producers back in the day.

Damn, you got this? Crazy dope record indeed. Can't wait for the mix. Did you ever find the elusive Verocai LP?

• Thanks for the offer, but I do have the mp3's. Solid album through and through! Unique sound witha lot going on in the album, I don't know of any other Peru album like it, but then I haven't heard them all.

• Original Popcorn - Salted Popcorn

Break alert! The famous Original Popcorn Lp out of France with Vigon and Franz Auffrey. A weird concept LP about, you guessed it, popcorn... but with crazy breaks galore. This one's my favorite and could have been a hip hop staple if it was ever in the hands of producers back in the day.

Damn, you got this? Crazy dope record indeed. Can't wait for the mix. Did you ever find the elusive Verocai LP?

Haha... nope, I posted that one in the "If you could have any record" thread

• [plug]Well you should be! It's my international psych/funk mix CD I've been working on for over a year now. It's almost done I promise![/plug]

What's the ETA? Hell, what's the title? Where can we pick this up?

edit: dammit

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    you have good records.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Hell, what's the title?

You Pumped for Out Far Out[/b]?

Well you should be! It's my international psych/funk mix CD

• Sweet, I got someone pumped... success!

I'm shooting for a November release. October is a travel free month for me (finally!) so I should be able to finish it up. Not sure how I'm gonna get it out there yet, but I'll definitely keep everyone posted