Any DJs include SALSA in their Sets these days?

2»

Comments

• I don't get why people on this board keep talking about what music their grandma is gonna know.

does it matter if the artist was on ET? plenty of songs become crossover hits without the artists being on ET.

Was Sean Paul ever even on ET?

These are great classic hits that people know, love, and will always dance to. that's relevant.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I don't get why people on this board keep talking about what music their grandma is gonna know.

does it matter if the artist was on ET? plenty of songs become crossover hits without the artists being on ET.

Was Sean Paul ever even on ET?

These are great classic hits that people know, love, and will always dance to. that's relevant.

Cool, i was tryin to address this -

Merengue and Soca can often require a very specific crowd, sometimes hard to dance to, can sometimes sound "annoying" to an audience, etc.

• gotcha, that's why I was talkin bout the sequencing shiz. if you suave em into it, they'll be loving it. no self respecting DJ would drop a 150 bpm merengue after in da club.

fast reggae, or latin house (a la Latin Project) into merengue works.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    gotcha, that's why I was talkin bout the sequencing shiz. if you suave em into it, they'll be loving it. no self respecting DJ would drop a 150 bpm merengue after in da club.

fast reggae, or latin house (a la Latin Project) into merengue works.

And outside of "The Club" how does one get to hear this?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

Suavemente by Elvis Crespo
    El Tiburon by Proyecto Uno
    Guallando by Fulanito
    Culito by Aguakate

Good tips, that Got To Be Real version is