American dollar

oripsorips 238 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
... is falling compared to the Canadian dollar. Time to get my online digging game back on.Loonie reaches parity with U.S. dollarWho here outside of the U.S. is gonna take advantage of the falling greenback?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I've been buying USD since the CAD dollar got strong and putting it aside.

• I'm selling goods to the USA, so the weak dollar is very bad for our business. But it's great for European tourists I guess...

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    We do tons of mailorder, and every week we do more and more international. Our customers have been saying that it's cheaper to buy from the US than their local stores even with high shipping charges.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    We do tons of mailorder, and every week we do more and more international. Our customers have been saying that it's cheaper to buy from the US than their local stores even with high shipping charges.

exactly. From an eBay standpoint I welcome it... from an American standpoint -- there really is no incentive to go Canada or Europe or whatever. With increasing invasive security and the plummeting power of the dollar... I'll stay home. thanks.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    getting pain in euros is

• selling raers for euros in utrecht will be

buying a cup of coffee in euros will be

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I had a wad of Canadian cash left from my trip to Toronto last week, and I was about to convert it back to US cash... then I stopped and thought, wait, lemme hold onto this until the next time I'm in Canada, it'll be worth more then.

that's very optimistic of you!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    well, I figure I'll be back in Canada by next Sep at the latest... Bush'll still be president, Congress will still be acting all neutered, we may have another Katrina come and go...

meanwhile ya'll will pass a bill establishing universal health care for squirrels, fund hourly toffuti breaks for every homeless person, and pioneer a new automobile fuel made of recycled blunts.

Yeah, I'm betting Canadian.

well, I figure I'll be back in Canada by next Sep at the latest... Bush'll still be president, Congress will still be acting all neutered, we may have another Katrina come and go...

meanwhile ya'll will pass a bill establishing universal health care for squirrels, fund hourly toffuti breaks for every homeless person, and pioneer a new automobile fuel made of recycled blunts.

Yeah, I'm betting Canadian.

lmho

And oh yes!

FUBAR

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It's about damn time...

I went to school in the US when our money was crappppp. I feel like a US holiday right about now.

• Sux if you use Paypal... today, I withdrew some funds at 97% of the US dollar amount... man, for as long as I've been using Paypal, i've always relied on the deficit in value to cover things like fees and such... now, everything is going to go up, including SHIPPING, of which my international buyers can't believe how much it costs (which it does - ask anyone in Canada!!!)... now it's just going to be more!

RON

• damn this is bad news for me, i just sent out an email trying to bring a canadian DJ to the states

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    getting pain in euros is

pause?

• Sux if you use Paypal... today, I withdrew some funds at 97% of the US dollar amount... man, for as long as I've been using Paypal, i've always relied on the deficit in value to cover things like fees and such... now, everything is going to go up, including SHIPPING, of which my international buyers can't believe how much it costs (which it does - ask anyone in Canada!!!)... now it's just going to be more!

RON

Paypal's exchange rate is criminal.

Currency exchange is the big rip off anyways. It's one things that I've always hated.

I hate places like Western Union.

Ripping off people left right and center.

In Toronto, one of the best places for exchange rates is Roscoe Travel on the East side of Yonge, North of Adelaide. I used to call around and they were always best, so I just go there from now on.

• I think it's swell! I've got a couple climbing trips to the States planned in the coming months and the strength of the dollar makes them that much better value. Parity does nothing for my business, but I wasn't going to get rich running a record label in any event.

• On a semi-related note. What do you guys think of the proposed Amero?

I'm down for a common currency. But thats about it.

• I'm loving it myself. I'm about to order like $200 in baseball caps just for the hell of it!